DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propeller vibration testing - Mavic Pro

AlanTheBeast

Reactions
I think this guy is on to something, but I'm not especially confident in his rig.

Then there's this guy

Last edited:
Reactions: dodgedis
I kind of see where he's going with this but who needs to know what the vibrations are like at tickover, harmonics and vibrations will change considerably at flight revs..

Last edited:
I kind of see where's going with this but who needs to know what the vibrations are like at tickover, harmonics and vibrations will change considerably at flight revs..

Indeed - why I posted the other video there - a more sober take on it and obviously the presenter takes things a little more seriously...

Not sure if vibration or harmonics are the cause, but sometimes my Mavic will do a little jump, shimmy and dance while flying at slower speeds. MIght be due to wind, velocity, prop wash and evil spirits.

Does anyone know what changes when "prop guards" installed is activated?

I saw a comment somewhere that so far it does nothing but the intent is to make obstacle avoidance less annoying at low speed/distance to obstacle. (No guarantee at all that I'm right!)

I think I see a serious problem with the coffee cup method.
My having the quad sitting on that flat surface, he generated a tremendous amount of propwash which of course directly bounced off the flat surface and back against the cup, causing the ripples.
If he had the quad sitting on a thin metal grate at least 3 feet off the ground, that allowed the the propwash to pass thru, then that would have been a much better method, IMHO.
Rather than using a coffee cup, there is a free app called VIBROMETER for the smartphone that will give you a numerical vibration readout that is infinitely simpler to compare readings with.
The most serious problem of course was that there was no creamer in the coffee. Black coffee?? YUK :D

Reactions: RobertD
I think I see a serious problem with the coffee cup method.
My having the quad sitting on that flat surface, he generated a tremendous amount of propwash which of course directly bounced off the flat surface and back against the cup, causing the ripples.
If he had the quad sitting on a thin metal grate at least 3 feet off the ground, that allowed the the propwash to pass thru, then that would have been a much better method, IMHO.
Rather than using a coffee cup, there is a free app called VIBROMETER for the smartphone that will give you a numerical vibration readout that is infinitely simpler to compare readings with.
The most serious problem of course was that there was no creamer in the coffee. Black coffee?? YUK :D
Cream in coffee? Disgusting.!!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas