DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Props in video mavic pro

Nielio09

Reactions
Hi all,

Does somebody faced the props while filming with the mavic pro? It is very annoying to me. Also I faced it when it is only in the air, with no control actions.

In the video I saw a continu a white circle rotating
very quick.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Check your app gimbal settings ; it sounds like "Enable Tilt Limit to 30 Degree" is selected. With this option selected it is possible too "see" the props with the camera .
The path : General Settings/Gimbal Settings/Advanced Settings/ Enable .......

Deselect this option then record another video.

image.jpeg

Are you seeing the actual props themselves or just shadows of the props due to glare?

Reactions: Scapegoat
Check your app gimbal settings ; it sounds like "Enable Tilt Limit to 30 Degree" is selected. With this option selected it is possible too "see" the props with the camera .
The path : General Settings/Gimbal Settings/Advanced Settings/ Enable .......

Deselect this option then record another video.

View attachment 4332

The setting was already good..

I find that anytime I'm flying into the sun i see the prop reflection. I have seen people talk about how a 3rd party sun reflector cover might help this. Anyone have thoughts on this?

The "white circle" is sunlight reflecting off the clear dome into the camera; not the props at all.

If you are aimed about 30º away from a sunset or sunrise, just out of the main glare range, you will probably see black shadows in the lower corners of the video. These are the shadows of the blades landing on the lens of the camera. Just have to figure out how to orient yourself differently, similar to dealing with direct sun glare.

If you're really speeding along in Sport mode with some cross-wind, or you have a gimbal problem, you might see actual blade tips in the upper corners of the video.

I was droning in normal mode.
And it is not a sunlight problem. The white circle what I am seeing is really rotating so I think it is the blade...

The "white circle" is sunlight reflecting off the clear dome into the camera; not the props at all.

If you are aimed about 30º away from a sunset or sunrise, just out of the main glare range, you will probably see black shadows in the lower corners of the video. These are the shadows of the blades landing on the lens of the camera. Just have to figure out how to orient yourself differently, similar to dealing with direct sun glare.

If you're really speeding along in Sport mode with some cross-wind, or you have a gimbal problem, you might see actual blade tips in the upper corners of the video.

Can I get a pm with your mail. I will send you the video...

This is exactly the same reflection I have when I fly facing the sun. Any fixes?
You have to fly without the dome on and possibly use one of the 3D printed domes that several including myself have designed. Or you could cut a hole in your current dome and paint the inside as shown in a YouTube video. I recommend keeping your original dome and getting a modified on 3D printed to avoid sun glare.

Mavic Pro Glare Shield by Motley74

You have to fly without the dome on and possibly use one of the 3D printed domes that several including myself have designed. Or you could cut a hole in your current dome and paint the inside as shown in a YouTube video. I recommend keeping your original dome and getting a modified on 3D printed to avoid sun glare.

Mavic Pro Glare Shield by Motley74

Gotcha. Any issues with the gimbal/camera when you don't use the dome that you know of? I'm sure it serves a purpose but I'm don't want to F up my Mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett