DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pros and Cons of Android Smartphone vs Android Tablet

BerndM

Reactions
Besides the very obvious size difference, what functionality or features would I be giving up, or gaining, by using an 8" Android tablet compared to my Galaxy S7 smartphone.
Bernd

In this case, portability is inversely proportional to visibility. When the portability goes up, visibility on the screen goes down and vise versa.

Yes, I agree with all that no question, but I was more concerned with the actual usability, features and functions. BUT, portability aside, would I be losing anything by going with the tablet?

You can also add that if the Android Tablet is a NVIDIA Shield you gain the HDMI output for FPV goggle/glasses use.

Features and functions no, if you'll be using the same app for both. Usability, maybe. Depending on the age gap of the hardware on the smartphone and the tablet. If they're relatively new and decent, then there should be no noticeable difference.

Thanks. That was what I was hoping for.
I wasn't able to determine if the cellular aspect had any bearing on the usability of it.

Cellular connectivity is not required. You can always cache your maps before flying.

Thanks.
I had a cabin about 1/2 mile northeast of you at Pinon and Fairway back in the 90s
Small world.

Sorry I should've stated, the video I did not create. Just found it on youtube. :D

If you want to use some advanced follow me features that may appear in the djigo app in the future (and can be used now in litchi) you may want to make sure that the tablet has a barometer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio