DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pulled the trigger after being less than satisfied with the 3DR Solo

onespeed

Reactions
Put the deposit down at a local shop in December - looking for it in the next week.

I was #32 in line at the time of deposit and am up at #7 before the new year. So mine should come in the next shipment.

The breaking point for the 3DR Solo for me was being asked to fly and take footage for an event and not being able to get into the air because it couldnt grab enough satellites. I was ready to toss it in the river after that.

The portability, small footprint and film capability appeal to me hugely.

Cannot wait to get my hands on this thing.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Great decision you will not be disappointed. Welcome to the community.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum onespeed . :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

The solo is absolutely dead technology.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Blades
Got the call last night.

Pick it up today at 2pm.

It was 60 degrees out yesterday with little wind whereas today and tomorrow is going to go down to the 30's with tons of wind.

Oh well, will have today and saturday to read the manual and figure out everything before putting it in the air sunday.

Brooklyn - Red Hook

Got the call last night.

Pick it up today at 2pm.

It was 60 degrees out yesterday with little wind whereas today and tomorrow is going to go down to the 30's with tons of wind.

Oh well, will have today and saturday to read the manual and figure out everything before putting it in the air sunday.

Brooklyn - Red Hook
Congrats! And you are in one of the few areas open to flying in NYC! Have fun!

Mission accomplished.

Picked it up and charged everything up. Lit out for the ikea park before it got dark.

Performed miles ahead of the 3dr-this is my benchmark.

After taking it off beginner I was able to get higher and farther out than I ever got from the 3dr.

Messed with the camera a bit and got a few shots off. Then I had it so far out I couldn't see it anymore. Brought it in because the cold was getting too bad for my fingers and winds were above 20.

Flew it inside for 1 flight-not doing that again soon.

Best toy purchase I ever made besides my bike. Look for pics here after I figure settings out.

Instagram: @onespeedfixed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji