DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pulsing Sound From Mavic

robcio

Reactions
Took my Mavic out for its first flight since updating to the latest version of firmware.

What i did notice when i started my Mavic that there appeared to be a pulsing sound which i had not noticed prior to the firmware update.

The mavic was also not as stable under hover than what it was previously.

I checked the props and all seemed ok.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers

Normal. The sound is coming from your downward sensors. You can put your finger over one and the clicking will stop. Dont try this with props spinning.

Check out this video. Is this the sound you're hearing?

Reactions: Ciawz
Normal. The sound is coming from your downward sensors. You can put your finger over one and the clicking will stop. Dont try this with props spinning.

I dont think that is the sound as i only noticed the sound recently with the props spinning, also the hovering of the drone is not as good as it was previously.Coincidence?

Ill take another look when i get a spare movement and see if it is indeed the sensors.

Thanks for the advice.

Is there something wrong with one of your props? Do the motors spin freely without noise? I don't think that is the sensors...it sounds like a helicopter.

Is there something wrong with one of your props? Do the motors spin freely without noise? I don't think that is the sensors...it sounds like a helicopter.

Jeff, i did take off the props to check for damage and they visually appeared fine. I also ran the motors without the props and this appeared fine also.

I will check the props again and install new ones too see if this is the cause of the problem.

Did it make that noise without props on? There is no way I could hear my sensors while the motors are running.

I've never heard this kind of noise from mine. Strange.

I've never heard this kind of noise from mine. Strange.

I had not heard this sound until yesterday.
The drone had only been stored in its bag prior.

jeff, The drone did not make this sound without the props on which makes me think this maybe the cause??
Ill install new props and see if this makes a difference.

Reactions: Jeff7577

Aha!!! Thank you!!! This is the sound i have been wondering for some time now
I thought it was an electric circuit flicker or some kind

Possibly IMU needs calibrating. Maybe it’s trying to level itself causing a motor to spin differently. Looking at video looks like speed on front right is slightly slower.

Possibly IMU needs calibrating. Maybe it’s trying to level itself causing a motor to spin differently. Looking at video looks like speed on front right is slightly slower.

Thanks for the tip, I haven't yet had a chance to look into this further but ill give this a go this afternoon.

I tried an IMU cal and also new props and this sound still appears.

The motors all seem fine as well.

Cant think what else it would be

I also have this sound. Have you figured out what it might be?

I also have this sound. Have you figured out what it might be?

Not yet, I check the props done some calibrations and same issue.

I have not been able to fly the past couple weeks so will have another look shortly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00