DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Putting on filters

Dronebow

Reactions
I got my TACO-RC filters and have been a bit uneasy about trying to put them on the gimbal because it's so small and fragile. The filters require that you "press" them on and when I tried with the gimbal lock in place I found that is not really a good idea. The gimbal will press backward into the gimbal lock a bit.

So I'm wondering if there is a recommended way to both remove and install the filters on the small and delicate gimbal.

I got my TACO-RC filters and have been a bit uneasy about trying to put them on the gimbal because it's so small and fragile. The filters require that you "press" them on and when I tried with the gimbal lock in place I found that is not really a good idea. The gimbal will press backward into the gimbal lock a bit.

So I'm wondering if there is a recommended way to both remove and install the filters on the small and delicate gimbal.

A small tip ... put them on with the drone powered off and with the gimbal clamp still on while holding the gimbal clamp.

Yeah, I leave the clamp installed and just hold the camera with one hand while pushing the filter on with the other hand using 3 fingers around different points of the filter edge. The remove the gimbal clamp and start it up. It does not take a ton of force to push it on, it should slide one fairly easily once you push it.

A small tip ... put them on with the drone powered off and with the gimbal clamp still on while holding the gimbal clamp.
Ok, I'll try it that way. Unsettling a bit since the clamp doesn't really stop the base from moving.

I am nervous about this as well I'm afraid it may brake the gimbal when i put on the filters, and take them off because it puts some force on the gimbal lock.... has anyone noticed this? i have the Taco rc filters

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom