DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about loss of signal during waypoint mission

Marko9219

Reactions
If one is flying a waypoint mission, and during that mission a loss of signal happens, will the mission continue autonomously, or will RTH override the waypoints?
I am assuming RTH takes over always. But, if it does a RTH and then reaquires signal before getting back, does the waypoint mission restart? Thanks

This is a pretty good video which goes over what the Mavic does in different modes when it loses the connection to the controller:

If the Mavic loses the signal during a waypoint mission it will carry on following the way points until it reaches the last position, if the controller is disconnected it will then activate the RTH process. I believe the low power RTH will override whatever mode the Mavic is in.

John

Reactions: Marko9219
This is actually something you can set in Litchi. I believe the default is to continue on with the mission if the connection is lost. I have tested this and it does work. My palms got a little sweaty while I waited for my bird to finish it's chores and return, but it worked without any issues.

If the battery gets too low, it will RTH.

Reactions: Marko9219
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada