DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

question about RTH altitude ?

njmowatt

Reactions
I have my bird set to a RTH altitude of 30 meters (at least that's what the display says).
I also have unit of measurement set to imperial (united states).

When I was testing my RTH function, it seems to only go to a height of 30 feet instead of 30 meters.

is it true that when the system is set to imperial these settings are expressed in feet instead of meters?

What about the max altitude as well? That says meters too.

Both of those settings are always set in meters. Your Mavic should also be reaching those heights/distances in meters too.

Did you check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened? If not, you can upload your TXT flight log here. If you'd like help reading your log, please post a link back here after you upload your flight log.

Thank you msinger, you are always so helpful.
I will post the link as soon as I can figure out how to upload (never done it before).

Also, while testing RTH i notice that when I press the RTH button on my RC I g=don't get any reastion from the bird or the mobile device - totally ignores the button press.
when I tap the RTH icon on the mobile device and confirm - that's when things start to happen.
Am I missing something here?

I uploaded the TXT flight log after trying to decipher it myself.
I don't see anything that would explain the RTH altitude of 30 FEET.

It definitely was NOT at 98 feet. before cancelling RTH it was heading for a tree in my yard which is approx. 25 - 30 ft.

thnx for the tip on the RC RTH button, Ainsworth!

Anyone get a chance to take a look at this yet?
30 meters is drastically different from 30 meters.

Your flight log shows your RTH altitude was set to 30 meters. Since your Mavic was less than 66 feet from the home point (64.3 feet to be exact), it returned to the home point at an altitude of 32 feet (by design). That special case is covered in the following section of the Mavic manual:

Manual.jpg

Reactions: Jeff7577
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54