DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question for Litchi users.

MavicKhan

Reactions
I created a couple of test missions with mission hub in my computer.

When I start the app in my iPad and then log-in to my account I can see and load those missions from Litchi servers, no problem.

...but, how do I go on about storing those missions in my iPad so I can use them offline (i.e. while in an area with no cellular coverage)?

Thanks.

MK

It will load the mission offline just fine, you just won't get the map unless you've cached it first.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I just recently flew a few missions while on airplane mode using my iPad 4.

I had created the missions on my computer but had opened Litchi at home to make sure the missions were there. Maybe that's the trick, to make sure you open Litchi and are signed in while you have service before going to an area without service.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Possibly, possibly...

I will try things out by logging in at home, load the missions, log-out and then try to load the missions again once on site, with comms off..

I'll report back.

How can it load them if the device is offline...?

MK

I've just never had a problem loading saved missions either using a wifi only tablet or a phone on airplane mode while out and about. I assume when you save a planned mission, they're saved locally, as well as online.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Logger
So, reporting back, as promised...

I created my first 4 missions in my desktop, using "Mission Hub". They were actually just 2 but with 2 versions. One without focus points, with the UAV and camera just facing the direction of flight for first dry-run, track height checking purposes and their twins, with full programming of speed, turn radius, focus points and all needed parameters.

I saved the missions with "Mission Hub" and then started the app on my iPad.

I imported and displayed only the first versions of each of the 2 missions in the iPad, clearing both after display.

I then switched off WiFi (...it's a WiFi-only iPad Mini 2...) and headed off to location.

Never switched on the WiFi again (...something I usually do to have it work in tandem with the hotspot from my Tab S2...).

The four missions were accessible on the field so, yes, whenever we fire the app while connected to a network it synchronizes all the missions with Litchi servers.

Further to this, the missions, themselves went extremely well and I am in awe at what I will be able to do with Litchi waypoints function in the next trip I will be making to S.MIguel, Azores. The fact that at each random waypoint we create we get a reading of absolute height and its difference from the starting point its an huge planning feature.

I started by doing what's described in this video, which gives us an excellent preview of how a specific height will work throughout the route with the 3D low level perspective (...had an altitude intersecting ground for about 100 yards in my first chosen height :eek::) ...), imported the kml file into "Mission Hub" and adjusted heights once there...Magic!

Stay tuned for incredible footage from Azores, courtesy of DJI and Litchi :)

MK

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr