DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

[Question] Multi Display Output

majaribio

Reactions
Is there a way to output the live video feed to two devices?

For example, I use an iPhone with the controller and it would be great for my iPad to also show the live video stream at the same time. The iPad wouldn't need to control the Mavic, just display the video feed.

Any way to achieve this?

I don't think there is a way to do this with an iPhone or iPad, but you could use an android device and mirror your devices screen to a smart TV or Windows 10 PC. You could also use an nVidia K1 and use it's HDMI output to another device.

You can go dual remote and each one can drive a device of it's own.

Is there a way to output the live video feed to two devices?

For example, I use an iPhone with the controller and it would be great for my iPad to also show the live video stream at the same time. The iPad wouldn't need to control the Mavic, just display the video feed.

Any way to achieve this?

Yes there are two ways and none of them are very appealing or cheap.
You could get a second controller and use the latest Mavic app to configure a copilot system.
That way the second controller could be connected to a large tablet.

Second option is to use Apple Airplay and then use a Macbook or a PC laptop running the right software.

Rob

As you are using Apple devices simply use Apple Airplay.
You need:
a) a WiFi router (preferable a portable, small sized device - or a laptop acting as hotspot)
b) an Airplay capable device which actually shows the mirrored screen (i.e. a laptop with Airplay software like 'Airserver')
(look here: AirServer® - The Most Advanced AirPlay, Miracast and Google Cast receiver for Mac, PC and Xbox One. )
Howto:
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to the WiFi router.
Step 2: Connect your laptop to the WiFi router and start the Airplay software.
Activate Airplay on the iPhone, select laptop as target.
Tip: to minimize interference to aircraft and/or remote controller use 5 GHz frequencies for Airplay.
That's it.

P.S.: Rob was quicker :)

or if you have Apple TV just mirror your image to it.....keep in mind you need to be in close enough proximity to the Apple TV to do this.

As you are using Apple devices simply use Apple Airplay.
You need:
a) a WiFi router (preferable a portable, small sized device - or a laptop acting as hotspot)
b) an Airplay capable device which actually shows the mirrored screen (i.e. a laptop with Airplay software like 'Airserver')
(look here: AirServer® - The Most Advanced AirPlay, Miracast and Google Cast receiver for Mac, PC and Xbox One. )
Howto:
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to the WiFi router.
Step 2: Connect your laptop to the WiFi router and start the Airplay software.
Activate Airplay on the iPhone, select laptop as target.
Tip: to minimize interference to aircraft and/or remote controller use 5 GHz frequencies for Airplay.
That's it.

P.S.: Rob was quicker :)
If I have a Mac, can I use that as a WiFi hotspot for this to still work?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute