DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question regarding Da Vinci Resolve

D4nny

Reactions
Hi there,

So ive finally decided to edit and colour grade the videos ive made. i read a lot about da vinci resolve, so i downloaded it and now ive hit a wall cos as it turns out (or im doing something wrong) it doesnt import MP4 file format?

Is this true or am i doing something wrong?

if it is true, how can I fix it/ upload my videos into da vinci?

Thanks for the help

Hi there,

So ive finally decided to edit and colour grade the videos ive made. i read a lot about da vinci resolve, so i downloaded it and now ive hit a wall cos as it turns out (or im doing something wrong) it doesnt import MP4 file format?

Is this true or am i doing something wrong?

if it is true, how can I fix it/ upload my videos into da vinci?

Thanks for the help

I've never had an issue with an m4p video file. There use to be an issue with MP3 audio files, but the latest version seems to have enabled this feature.

Make sure you are dragging it in from the Media tab. Once there you can drag it into your timeline on the Edit tab

I was new to Davinci Resolve and watched numerous YouTube vids explaining it. I remember one vid saying that you could only import .mov files but the person said that Davinci was fixing it on the next version. I haven't had any problems importing mp4s, however I still have to convert audio to .wav files to use them.

Haven't had a problem with MP4's. I haven't tried any sound yet, but that's good to know about the WAV conversion.

I've never had an issue with an m4p video file. There use to be an issue with MP3 audio files, but the latest version seems to have enabled this feature.

Make sure you are dragging it in from the Media tab. Once there you can drag it into your timeline on the Edit tab

None of the videos (doesnt matter if its MOV or MP4) showup in the Media folder, onlythe JPG images

I am editing almost all the Mavic files in the latest (free) DaVinci version; never encountered an issue with that.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121