DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question to those of you with a refurbished Mavic...

kona

Reactions
I'm wondering if you can do me a favor and check your build date and whether it was build long before you received it or within a week or two before, using the standard link: DJI Mavic Pro Serial Number Decoder

I'm asking because I want to know whether DJI resets the "build date" to the date the bird was refurbished as opposed to when it was originally built.

More specifically, I'm trying to figure out whether the replacement Mavic I received is a refurbished one or new. It had a build date of two weeks before I received it.

I sent mine in for a repair because of a focus issue on the right side. It was sent in and received in late April and the build date of the unit they shipped back was 4/11/17.

Overall it seems like it was new with no other issues and my focus issue is fixed so I'm pretty happy about that.

I sent mine in for a repair because of a focus issue on the right side. It was sent in and received in late April and the build date of the unit they shipped back was 4/11/17.

Overall it seems like it was new with no other issues and my focus issue is fixed so I'm pretty happy about that.
Yes but do you know if it was refurbished or new?

I can't say and DJI won't say either. They initially said that my original Mavic was going to be repaired so I'd be interested in what other people are seeing with their replaced Mavic.

The controller and box that they shipped back to me were mine.

Did you have a chance to specifically ask them?

Did you have a chance to specifically ask them?
Yes and they just pointed me back to their policy which mentions they could either repair or replace and it could be refurbished.

Overall I think it's a refurb but a good refurb from what I can tell.

I see, so just to clarify they never answered you if it is refurbished or not?

What makes you think it's a refurb? Scratches when you got it?

I just talked to customer service. They say mine was brandnew (based on the serial number). So maybe they took the battery from my old Mavic (which may have been scratched) and put it on the new one to save a battery?

Received my original Mavic in February. It was received damaged. Set it back and received a replacement in March. When I checked the serial number it showed a build date of Sept 2016. I called customer service and complained that I had returned a brand new, never flown Mavic and that I expected a brand new never flown Mavic as a replacement. Given the build date and the problems they had getting product out, there was no way that what they sent me was new. Eventually they agreed to a replacement, but never admitted that what I received was refurbished. Received a replacement the end of April. Unit had a build date of March 25. I would have expected a build date of sometime in April but I didn't press it with them. Looked new - flys great.

Reactions: kona
Sndflea, if it had been me and I got a Mavic from before the sales surge, I'd have kept that one as they were built before QC went out the window when they had to increase production dramatically to meet sales demands.

I just talked to customer service. They say mine was brandnew (based on the serial number). So maybe they took the battery from my old Mavic (which may have been scratched) and put it on the new one to save a battery?

Interesting. Maybe mine is new too. There wasn't anything specifically about it that made me think it was refurbished. I just knew it wasn't mine.

Ultimately I'm just happy that the camera looks good and it flies good too.

Sndflea, if it had been me and I got a Mavic from before the sales surge, I'd have kept that one as they were built before QC went out the window when they had to increase production dramatically to meet sales demands.

I had some issues with it - some 'jello affect' that I couldn't seem to get rid of. I did think long and hard about keeping it even with that issue but decided to get it replaced. I finally have one with no issues - so far. I have my fingers crossed.

DJI Refurbish

"Q6. How do I identify refurbished products?
The serial number of refurbished products will end with an "R"."
This might be true for certified refurbished.
But i have no idea about the refurbished distributed through aftersales repair

Reactions: kona
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143