DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Questions about controller battery?

Pepino Grande

Reactions
My battery in the controller is really good in that I only use about 5% of it for every 30 minutes use. My question is should I let it run down more before recharging? Am I messing up the battery memory by charging it too early? Are there any instructions specific to the battery care of the controller that I am missing?

Yes let it run down unless your planning to go out flying very soon. I let mine run down as I do in house stuff like messing with menu's or pulling logs. The night before an early morning flight I put everything back on charge. Sometimes the controller has been at 50-45% charge for a few days.
When I get home from flying I do not recharge anything until I am ready to fly again unless a battery got seriously depleted.

Rob

Yeah i charge mine back up about 50 percent or so, because i have 3 batteries and fly for about hour in half or so. but there no way of telling if it go bad, they say about 500 chargers of any type of battery it starts to lose value. so 30%- 50% to recharge back up should be fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98