DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Questions about getting an olver rev Mavic going

shorttimer

Reactions
I have had this Mavic in the box since last Nov. Just got back home to play with it. I have powered it up, played the simulator and also just spun up the props without flying. I am using a Samsung S7 edge for the phone. I am using DJI Go 4, latest rev.

I'm currently on firmware 1.02.0900. and android 6.01 on my phone. I did notice that when using the simulator last night I would quite often get a message that the DJI Go app stopped, but if I closed that screen it was still running. If I understand correctly the DJI go 4 app has a problem with Android. I think I can run the old DJI go app (not dji go 4) if I read correctly being my Mavic is so old of a firmware version. I also have a Nvidia K1 Shield, 6.01 that I fly my phantoms with. It sounds like by using DJI assist I can select the version of firmware to go to or just do it wireless and go to the latest version. I would like to keep from getting an ipad as I understand they work great but if that is the best option then I will. Any firmware version to go to/stay with that works well on Android?

Thanks

I have had this Mavic in the box since last Nov. Just got back home to play with it. I have powered it up, played the simulator and also just spun up the props without flying. I am using a Samsung S7 edge for the phone. I am using DJI Go 4, latest rev.

I'm currently on firmware 1.02.0900. and android 6.01 on my phone. I did notice that when using the simulator last night I would quite often get a message that the DJI Go app stopped, but if I closed that screen it was still running. If I understand correctly the DJI go 4 app has a problem with Android. I think I can run the old DJI go app (not dji go 4) if I read correctly being my Mavic is so old of a firmware version. I also have a Nvidia K1 Shield, 6.01 that I fly my phantoms with. It sounds like by using DJI assist I can select the version of firmware to go to or just do it wireless and go to the latest version. I would like to keep from getting an ipad as I understand they work great but if that is the best option then I will. Any firmware version to go to/stay with that works well on Android?

Thanks

I run a K1 Shield on the .600 version of Firmware. I get the NFZ limit until the Mavic locks on the Sats. Not really an issue for me since I wait for the sats anyway. My shield runs rock solid. Zero issues although I am still on Marshmallow 6.0.1. Supposedly the latest version of Go.4 works with Nougat but I have no experience and cannot confirm. It was a pita to downgrade the shield so I'm hesitant to upgrade it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada