DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Questions about Mavic Skins

Cerberus

Reactions
I'm currently looking at this one..

Mavic Carbon Orange

My first question is, will applying this skin on affect the GPS and Radio signal on our Mavics?

Second question, do you think this color will deter birds from even thinking of hitting our Mavic?

Thankz.

Reactions: hammer73
So anyone have any idea whether the bright orange color can deter birds from even considering getting close to the Mavic?

So anyone have any idea whether the bright orange color can deter birds from even considering getting close to the Mavic?
Birds have a fourth cone cell, who knows what they see and think about colors.

Anyone know if it leaves sticky residue when removed?
Or it's permanent.

When mine was the standard grey and I flew around the esutury, the molly mauks and sometimes seagulls would get upset and the Molly mauks would circle around it and fly very close in an attack mode squaking loudly.
I have since put a deep Blue skin on my Mavic and now have no problem with any birds and the seaguls dont even care about it when I fly 20 feet over them. I also have not had one Molly mauk even come close or take interest in it.
So yes Colour DOES MAKE a difference. Just which colour you choose is the question?

When mine was the standard grey and I flew around the esutury, the molly mauks and sometimes seagulls would get upset and the Molly mauks would circle around it and fly very close in an attack mode.
I have since put a deep Blue skin on my Mavic and now the have no problem with any birds and the seaguls dont even care about it when I fly 20 feet over them. I also have not had one Molly mauk even come close or take interest in it.
So yes Colour DOES MAKE a difference. Just which colour you choose is the question?

Do you have a link to that deep blue skin for me to take a look at?

I think a poison dart frog motif.

Do you have a link to that deep blue skin for me to take a look at?
DRONEWRAP

The one I have is
Stratosphere Blue
1eafe37f8fee44dc44f5a52117265916.jpg

Reactions: Cerberus
Dang, just converted to Ringgit, its close to rm200...

Thats a bit pricey for a skin, even for me.. >,..,>

No.

What I will say is that I was flying on the UK coast yesterday and birds were very interested until they realised what it was and then they ****** off.

I've don't currently have a skin on it but the dronewrap butter-clasp-something orange-ish is en-route.

No.

What I will say is that I was flying on the UK coast yesterday and birds were very interested until they realised what it was and then they ****** off.

I've don't currently have a skin on it but the dronewrap butter-clasp-something orange-ish is en-route.

As someone in this forum once said, birds normally won't hit your Mavic, like in your case..

But the sad part is, that is sometimes not the case, as in my case...

haha

Reactions: willhay555
I got the Dronewrap blue as well but mine is decorated with Dallas Cowboys logos and Super Bowl trophies to number my 4 batteries. Kinds pricey but the best wrap I've seen.

044c80d0ba230b9a33883776fc2a2536.jpg

Reactions: GooniesNeverDie
I recently bought a Mavic and was thinking of getting a skin for it. I stumbled across this website last night, they let you design your own skin!!! Very cool process, I'm still designing mine. It's only about $3-$5 more than a pre designed skin.

DJI Mavic Pro Skins | DecalGirl

I recently bought a Mavic and was thinking of getting a skin for it. I stumbled across this website last night, they let you design your own skin!!! Very cool process, I'm still designing mine. It's only about $3-$5 more than a pre designed skin.

DJI Mavic Pro Skins | DecalGirl

The DroneWrap.Shop is different. It's a complete wrap. It seriously is the best quality.

Reactions: 8BitMavics

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50