DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick mod to accommodate thick tablets

PropPilot

Reactions
I am using an Acer Iconia One 7 tablet that fits width wise in the controller but was a bit thick and had to be muscled into the rubber grips. I have seen a few other postings on this as well.

(almost) free solution.

1) open up your grips and on the bottom you will see three screws on each side
2) remove the three screws on each side and slide out the two grip pieces on each side
3) slide the top one (thicker one) back in on each side (the piece that takes one of the three screws)
4) screw the one screw back in to secure it and screw the other two screws back in so you don't lose them
5) put the removed thinner grips someplace you will remember where they are
6) cut a small piece of VELCRO (the soft fuzzy side) for either side and stick in place where the rubber grip used to be

Tablet in and out MUCH better and stays in place

IMG_2839.JPG IMG_2840.JPG

I have been concerned about the pressure needed to insert/remove the tablet and this did the trick.

Hope it helps someone else.

Reactions: Big Bull
Ah ya good idea. I would hate to Crack the grips by forcing them too much.. and this way we could put it back to stock if needed vs cutting material away.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using MavicPilots mobile app

Thanks so much, PropPilot, for discovering this and posting. I immediately made the mod to my controller. I was getting tired of having to take my thin-but-not-by-enough QuadLock case off my phone every time I flew. I found that two layers of standard 2.5mm thick Velcro loop on each side does the trick for me. Easy in and out but yet very secure. BTW the screws are T6 Torx for anyone else needing to do this. And as mig says, we can always go back to stock with no damage. Love it. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000