DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick Range test with the goggles!

The range should match the range of the RC video feed.
It's kind of odd that none of the extreme distance flyers have taken the goggles for a test run yet.

Rob

Well with the new update i did try and fly with just the goggles, and was limited to 30m height and 50m range as it was not connected to the dji app, missed a great hot air balloon shot bcos of it grrr....

Last week I went out on several flights out to 10,000 feet with the goggles (that's my comfort limit at this time, goggles or not). Worked fabulous. I did see a few digital artifacts (rare), and once got an "Aircraft is experiencing interference" warnings which is rare at these spots that I have flown several times.

It's kind of odd that none of the extreme distance flyers have taken the goggles for a test run yet.

Rob
I took mine be out too 42,000ft. I let my son use the goggle while I flew with iPad. The goggles did well, losing signal a few times, but it would come back as I pushed farther. I just don't like doing long range flights with the goggles due to the lack of information in the heads up display. Range wise they are better than stock controller.

Reactions: Robbyg
I took mine be out too 42,000ft. I let my son use the goggle while I flew with iPad. The goggles did well, losing signal a few times, but it would come back as I pushed farther. I just don't like doing long range flights with the goggles due to the lack of information in the heads up display. Range wise they are better than stock controller.

7.9 miles impressive!

Wow, well that settles all future debates:)
The Goggle range rocks!

Rob

Rob

Why should it be exactly? Both the RC and Goggles are two separate systems with different antennas. I have taken my Mavic to a bit under 12,000 feet in an open valley and the Goggle video feed was pretty sketchy while the RC video feed was better.

So overall then do people think the goggles are worth the money? I've been thinking about getting them but unsure how much I'll use them.

So overall then do people think the goggles are worth the money? I've been thinking about getting them but unsure how much I'll use them.

Worth the money, yes they are, given the seamless integration with the DJI drones. No roundabout configurations or third party apps needed. I realize worthiness is subjective but there was nothing difficult nor were there any things to figure out; the Goggles just work as advertised once paired.

Usage is another story. I am debating whether to return the Goggles as I've had them for two weeks and have only used them once with no real desire to strap them on again. It would be cool for others to experience but the Goggles are not a necessity (nor recommended) when flying solo.

Worth the money, yes they are, given the seamless integration with the DJI drones. No roundabout configurations or third party apps needed. I realize worthiness is subjective but there was nothing difficult nor were there any things to figure out; the Goggles just work as advertised once paired.

Usage is another story. I am debating whether to return the Goggles as I've had them for two weeks and have only used them once with no real desire to strap them on again. It would be cool for others to experience but the Goggles are not a necessity (nor recommended) when flying solo.

Thanks for the helpful reply.
Do you mind me asking how much the goggles cost you?
Obviously cost has a bearing on value.
They're expensive in the U.K where I am, but it's possible to buy them from China and get them shipped in for quite a lot less which I'm considering.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54