DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick unpacking question..

BikerBuster

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Am I supposed to remove the glass dome from the camera mount before flight or is it designed to be optically correct?

Also,

The mobile phone connector does not reach my phones USB port, is there a longer cable available? The phone fits the cradle fine, it is just the cable is about 5mm too short.

Thank you kind folks in advance.

Am I supposed to remove the glass dome from the camera mount before flight or is it designed to be optically correct?
You should remove the plastic dome for the best picture.

The mobile phone connector does not reach my phones USB port, is there a longer cable available?
You can connect your phone to the bottom USB port. Make sure you disconnect the cable on the left side of the remote controller before doing that.

Yeah, that's what I am trying to do, unfortunately the usb port on my phone is down at the bottom corner, leaving the connector that wee bit short

What msinger is saying is that there is a second USB port on the bottom of the Mavic controller that can be used with any standard USB connector on one end to the matching connector on your phone. You will have to unplug the supplied cable on the side of the Mavic controller before that bottom USB port will become active. You will have to supply your own cable.

On another note, don't forget to not only remove the gimbal cover, but even more important is to remove the gimbal clamp before powering on.

Ahhhhhh.... Well said Sir, I misread msinger's post, that makes things much easier, thank you so much gentlemen.

As for the gimbal clamp, I had already read that in the quick start manual, thanks for reaffirming though.

I left the camera cover on for the first couple of flights as more of a protection from stupid landings. Now I am comfortable with flying it's removed, it just made me feel a little more confident of not damaging the camera!

However video quality through it sucks..

I took mine off after a few flights but then put a ND filter on this protects the lense but obviously not the gimbal.
I was getting glare when facing the sun with the plastic cover.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka