DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quickest way to cancel RTH on Mavic

Videoman

Reactions
I have made a handful of successful flights with my new Mavic and now feel I would like to test out a few basic features starting with RTH ... just to see if it works as I plan to manually fly the drone most of the time. So was just wanting to know in an emergency, what is the quickest way to cancel RTH in mid flight and resume flying manually again?

Hit red pause button, it is an emergency stop that stops it fastest.
Then rapidly cycle the sports mode switch a few times, and then leaving it in sports mode, that makes sure RTH is canceled.

In an emergency situation, I would unplug whatever is connect to the controller (phone tablet etc) for less distractions. Don't let the app lead you astray, the first priority is to fly the Mavic.

Reactions: stuart kaynes
Hit red pause button, it is an emergency stop that stops it fastest.
Then rapidly cycle the sports mode switch a few times, and then leaving it in sports mode, that makes sure RTH is canceled.

In an emergency situation, I would unplug whatever is connect to the controller (phone tablet etc) for less distractions. Don't let the app lead you astray, the first priority is to fly the Mavic.

Yep ... makes sense ... thanks for that advice.

Several buttons on the controller will cancel any flight mode you are currently in .

Pressing the RTH button again until it beeps is one way but takes a couple seconds longer .
Pause button works .
Flipping the sport mode switch is as fast as anything , all according to what you prefer .

Reactions: Videoman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7