DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Radio channel quality poor

xa6driver

Reactions
Did a search on this forum regarding this topic with no result. Just sent an email to DJI support as follows: "
Second time out with new MP; same location, no cell towers, power lines, houses, etc. Checked A/C status and observed: "Radio Channel Quality Poor"; "Strong Interference-fly with caution." No camera imput on Android tablet so gave up and brought it home. First flight impressive, second the problem. First flight had cell phone in my pocket…second attempt with cell phone in pocket. Could this have been the reason for the alert?"

That would typically clear by powering everything off and on again (including force close app and relaunch).
Radio channel will always show poor for a few seconds after connecting then usually goes back to normal.

Reactions: Randy
Did a search on this forum regarding this topic with no result. Just sent an email to DJI support as follows: "
Second time out with new MP; same location, no cell towers, power lines, houses, etc. Checked A/C status and observed: "Radio Channel Quality Poor"; "Strong Interference-fly with caution." No camera imput on Android tablet so gave up and brought it home. First flight impressive, second the problem. First flight had cell phone in my pocket…second attempt with cell phone in pocket. Could this have been the reason for the alert?"
Did you try airplane mode? Are you near your home's wifi? I had that problem all the time on a Samsung S7 unless in airplane mode.

Appreciate the responses. Looks like the problem was an aberration. Same day I posted this problem I emailed DJI tech support and got the following response which as it turned out was not a necessary procedure as it did not reoccur...go figure.

upload_2017-3-23_12-19-23.png

Hi!!!

Please help me to solve problem with my new Mavic pro -seems to have similar issue!

Very often i can't connect my bird to a dji go4 app although controller is always connected to drone and have the newest firmware!!!
In upper left side of app main info it says constantly ;

"disconnected"
"radio channel quality poor"
"strong interference,fly with caution"

I don't get any view from drone's camera and background of an app is all black or blank :(
This happens very often in unobstructed area in the field far away from city!

Now..i still can fly my drone, but without being connected to dji go4 app and possibility to get any photos and movies :(((

Please advise me what to do now!

Thank You!!!

Hi!!!

Please help me to solve problem with my new Mavic pro -seems to have similar issue!

Very often i can't connect my bird to a dji go4 app although controller is always connected to drone and have the newest firmware!!!

"disconnected"

I don't get any view from drone's camera and background of an app is all black or blank :(

Now..i still can fly my drone, but without being connected to dji go4 app and possibility to get any photos and movies :(((

Please advise me what to do now!

Thank You!!!
When I'm having this problem I disconnect the cable between the remote and phone. Sometimes I need to do this several times before getting connection between the phone and remote. After this initial connection I only suffer from that the go4 app crashes on me a few times per battery. To be honest, this really ruins the whole experience and leads me to go with another drone brand for my next purchase.

When I'm having this problem I disconnect the cable between the remote and phone. Sometimes I need to do this several times before getting connection between the phone and remote. After this initial connection I only suffer from that the go4 app crashes on me a few times per battery. To be honest, this really ruins the whole experience and leads me to go with another drone brand for my next purchase.

Thank You!

I'm also considering to send my mavic to dji and get it fixed or refund and just buy any other drone from different brands, cause I'm getting tired of this kind of problems for 1200$ :((

Although Mavic is only one on its kind of compact-foldable machines, that non other drones are made so small like this one

One of the reasons I gave up on the 3DR Solo was as Rossan Rossanna Danna would say, "It's always sompthin". Never was able to fly that drone without some kind of alert causing me to abort. So far the reason for my post has not reoccurred. Andrew F (well-known member) was responsive with a solution but it didn't apply to my case. DJI offered another that I posted. Other than that I can only hope that it's not "always sompthin" at least with the MP...cheers.

Hi!!!

"disconnected"

As was recommended in this thread, have you tried manually changing the channel in the software?

As was recommended in this thread, have you tried manually changing the channel in the software?

No i didn't yet!!!

..but as soon as an go4 app connects with bird and allows me to do it, then i will for sure!
Although I'm not sure what should i input in the custom channel mode once i het there!???

No i didn't yet!!!

..but as soon as an go4 app connects with bird and allows me to do it, then i will for sure!
Although I'm not sure what should i input in the custom channel mode once i het there!???

I'm confused. Your initial post gives the information that you were connected, albeit with a poor signal.

One of the reasons I gave up on the 3DR Solo was as Rossan Rossanna Danna would say, "It's always sompthin". Never was able to fly that drone without some kind of alert causing me to abort. So far the reason for my post has not reoccurred. Andrew F (well-known member) was responsive with a solution but it didn't apply to my case. DJI offered another that I posted. Other than that I can only hope that it's not "always sompthin" at least with the MP...cheers.

Controller is full connected, but when i open an app go4 and try to connect with Mavic all i can see there is (in the upper left side of main menu) ;
"Disconnected"
And there is almost nothing i can do in app settings if it is "disconnected" from a drone :/

I'm confused. Your initial post gives the information that you were connected, albeit with a poor signal.

Controller is full connected, but when i open an app go4 and try to connect with Mavic all i can see there is (in the upper left side of main menu) ;
"Disconnected"
And there is almost nothing i can do in app settings if it is "disconnected" from a drone :/

Appreciate the responses. Looks like the problem was an aberration. Same day I posted this problem I emailed DJI tech support and got the following response which as it turned out was not a necessary procedure as it did not reoccur...go figure.

View attachment 9175
That screen shot is either not dji go 4 or not from a Mavic Pro. That's not how the spectrum selection screen looks like.

"Disconnected"

Have you registered the drone with DJI through the app yet?

larkin,

I'm not able to upload DJI's original email to this forum regarding their response. So my alternative was to do a screen shot of their response. If you as a so called "Well-Known Member" would take off your tin foil hat and understand that people like me post concerns that you find suspect perhaps you should reappraise your responses to accommodate legitimate concerns.

upload_2017-4-3_16-37-45.png upload_2017-4-3_16-37-45.png upload_2017-4-3_16-37-45.png

First flight had cell phone in my pocket…second attempt with cell phone in pocket. Could this have been the reason for the alert?"
These are the sentences that lead me to believe you may have a screw loose. I think I haven't been proven wrong.

Reactions: wayy510
Hmm.... new Mavic owner here, that "HAD" the :

"disconnected"

problem repeatedly when my controller tried to connect with my Mavic. No number of shut downs and restarts made the problem go away UNTIL.... I switched my device from an Android Nexus 7 tablet to the "latest" Apple IPod Touch running the iOs 10.

Using the iPod instead of the Android Nexus 7 tablet COMPLETELY eliminated the "no connection" problem.

With the iPod, the connection becomes almost instantaneous and there seems to be no other problems. :)

P.S. Although comments from both owners and DJI support personnel in the Mavic thread in the RCGroups forum imply that both Android and Apple devices work with Mavic there's a definite preference for Apple devices. Seems like the Apple devices are almost 100% free of problems but Android devices are fraught with problems because of the huge variation in both Android hardware and software/firmware.

P.S. I'm an Android guy but if the iPod (bought for a completely different reason) ends up fulfilling my needs with the Mavic, I'll have lucked out.....:D

I contacted DJI support with this problem. The email response doesn't appear to be supported on this forum (i.e. I can't figure out how to forward it). So I'm pasting a screen shot of their response. As it turns out the problem in my case was a transient one off problem that has not reoccurred...

upload_2017-7-14_13-55-29.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa