DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Raleigh Area Flight Locations

Last weekend of May mountain getaway.

Love your movies. Could you please comment on the following.

1. Were these Waypoint flights?
2. If not how do you get the bird and gimbal movement so smooth.
3. What camera settings and filters did you use?
4. What application did you use for post processing? Also, what generally did you do in post?

Reactions: treyhanks
Love your movies. Could you please comment on the following.

1. Were these Waypoint flights?
2. If not how do you get the bird and gimbal movement so smooth.
3. What camera settings and filters did you use?
4. What application did you use for post processing? Also, what generally did you do in post?
1. Free flight. Cut and splicing on computer.
2. All gimbal movement is manually by me. Slow and steady movements.
3. I fly on auto settings. I have filters, but have never used them.
4. I use the DJI app and the sunset lake video was my first flight with the Litchi App. I use iMovie to put final videos together.

I am super rookie with very minimum knowledge of video editing. I've never been into camera or anything to do with them. My wife and I travel very often and that was my deciding factor to get a mavic.

Nice. We have a lot in common. I have had a Mavic since January and do a lot of experimenting. For smooth flights I will generally use Litchi Waypoints that I create in advance using Mission Hub. Good footage but a little boring so I'm starting to do more free flying. I still prefer Litchi in FPV mode for free flying.

Next week I will be in the Lake country north of Toronto. I'm planning to do some over water flights using Active Track an Follow Me modes. I'll post some clips when I get back.

Nice. We have a lot in common. I have had a Mavic since January and do a lot of experimenting. For smooth flights I will generally use Litchi Waypoints that I create in advance using Mission Hub. Good footage but a little boring so I'm starting to do more free flying. I still prefer Litchi in FPV mode for free flying.

Next week I will be in the Lake country north of Toronto. I'm planning to do some over water flights using Active Track an Follow Me modes. I'll post some clips when I get back.
Sweet. We fly to Socal two weeks out. I'm headed to falls dam now to fly.

Shot from last night at Falls Dam. I really like it, a lot.
9c44e8cc1d146d88342f41680b1d6cc6.jpg

Reactions: harryb
I'm a Raleigh guy (well, apex) and a 107 pilot. Haven't found any cool spaces to fly yet but have a few in mind. I grew up in Raleigh so I know the area pretty well. Definitely want to get out to falls lake AND the streams/rivers that run out of it

I'm a Raleigh guy (well, apex) and a 107 pilot. Haven't found any cool spaces to fly yet but have a few in mind. I grew up in Raleigh so I know the area pretty well. Definitely want to get out to falls lake AND the streams/rivers that run out of it
Awesome. I head out to the dam most Saturdays. Let me know if you head that way or come to Raleigh to fly.

Reactions: Xclone
I'm working today unfortunately. I'd love to try and get out tomorrow with both the Mavic and my inspire 2.

I'm working today unfortunately. I'd love to try and get out tomorrow with both the Mavic and my inspire 2.
I may be able to tomorrow. Just let me know. Flying to California next week so I need to pack haha. But flying is a good excuse to procrastinate. Then I get to fly in Cali!

Went to the Haw River in Pittsboro today. I have always wanted to fly there and today I made it happen.

Nice! I was going to try to get out yesterday but my girlfriend ended up coming over. I'll get out one of these days.

I live Apex/Holly Springs area. I am new to flying but I would like to meet up after I get it together. I have been to about every park within a 30 mile radius doing other activities so it will be interesting to think of the parks in terms of open flying space now.

Reactions: Xclone
I live Apex/Holly Springs area. I am new to flying but I would like to meet up after I get it together. I have been to about every park within a 30 mile radius doing other activities so it will be interesting to think of the parks in terms of open flying space now.

You're in my area. I'm in apex close to 55/US1. I have a great open field by my house so I haven't been to any parks yet.

Hello All. I live in Raleigh and am new to the drone world. I have read and researched all of the information I can on do's and don'ts. It kills me that there is no definitely "rules" to abide by (other than line of site, 400ft, national/state parks). I'm creating this thread in hopes others will chime in, locally, with info. Flight locations and things they've learned, others may not know. I want to be legal and want to make sure I'm abiding by the rules. This is a difficult thing to do with decent scenery considering most places to fly are public. National parks, state parks, airports, helipads. It's just crazy.

I also am fairly new to drones(4 months). I have already found out that you cannot fly from/out of state parks such as Pilot Mountain, Hanging Rock etc. You also cannot use adjacent roads to fly from/to parks per regulations posted on their web sites. I am guessing that if you could be on private property near by you should be able to fly over but not land (following all FAA reg. of course!). I am working to solve that by increasing the ranger/reception on my remote by upgrading to Firebridge2 so I can access these sites from non-adjacent properties/private properties.

Looking for places with great scenery for photo opportunities if you find some please share.

I will be flying local rivers once upgrade comes back.

I have been to coast on my boat so lots of great opportunities there.

There are lots of airport scattered about so get Airmap app if you have Apple products to stay safe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll