DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range on stock RC

MavicPro

Reactions
What is the farthest you can go until you start to drop signal or until your video feed starts to giltch? I'm curious as my new mavic will be arriving in a couple days and want to know what to expect? Thank you

Depends on Our location. From mountain top to mountain top you can expect up to 7km. In a dense city with wifi hot spots all over the place and buildings obstructing the view it might drop out after a few hundred meters..

Reactions: MavicPro
Do you guys know how the Mavic ocusync compares to 5.8ghz on the p4p? Range and signal strength wise? Should I see about the same results with my coming mavic as I do with my p4p? Which I can go 2 miles easily?

I'm in NC and we have a lot of tall trees around here where I'm at and I can go 3 miles stock without a problem.
So would you say basically the only thing limiting is battery life when it comes to flying long distance?

Yes,you will run out of battery before you will antenna. I'm putting a battery mod on mine now so that I can cover more ground.

Range is dependent on a lot of different environmental factors that can vary widely depending on location. When the signal emitting from the antennae have a clear line of sight to the aircraft and are in an area that is not filled with alot of other RF noise is when you can expect to get the best range. Expect the same if not slightly better range and video signal than the P4P.

I'm in Charlotte, NC with lots of trees but in a suburban area with lots of houses and wifi. So in combination with the trees and all the wifi I can only get about a half mile out before the signal drops out. I think the furthest I've been is about 2,800 feet but usually around 2,500 feet it starts dropping very quickly.

I bought a new controller and have sent it to Maxx UAV for modding and the new nano sync antenna. Very curious to see how my range improves with this modded controller.

I've yet to fly it in an area without much wifi congestion.

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
If your area is that bad you may want to consider a boosted setup. I saw a very good boost over stock just with the NanoSync but your mileage may vary.

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
Yes, same setup I just bought myself.
Good deal. Figured I might as well swing for the fences and see what happens. Worst case scenario I can get up to a mile or so out now from my back deck. Best case scenario I can go further than that.

But I know for sure that if I go out to a decent area to fly (maybe more open with less interference) that I should be able to get some serious range with this after market setup.

Oh yeah you should not have any trouble now getting some decent range. Did yours ship today? Oh sorry you are having your controller modded.

Reactions: Randy
My controller was delivered to Jake today. Not sure what the turnaround time on that is.

Did yours ship already? I'll be very interested to hear what people are saying about these!

Reactions: sprtbkrydr
In the terrain around the forests of north Florida, I can get about a mile out at a reasonable altitude before things start to glitch. Only alternative is to climb. The trees here are RF sponges, for not just RC stuff, but havoc on everything.

I recently took mine out to 1 mile and only 175 feet altitude and still had full signal.

Farthest I've been out is 7900ft.... 1.5 miles. ?
Very interesting...
wanted to tag this thread for future purposes

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada