DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range test in Australia

mpa

Reactions
Any one have experience on the maximum range they can get in Australia? iv spent a bit of time trying to find an answer but no no avail. Not that it bothers me but just curious as to what DJI has allocated to Australia interms of the transmission power (either CE or FCC). from what i'm reading this is determined from the GPS fix on the when the mavic is powered on.

Miavic specs
Max Transmission Distance FCC Compliant: 4.3 mi (7 km);
CE Compliant: 2.5 mi (4 km) (Unobstructed, free of interference)

3km out to sea early morning for whale Pics.Full signal, Line of Sight,allows me a little Time on Site and 15% + on battery .
I find as the day wears on and more people are using Different electrical devices it can affect range a little.
*Yet to work out which Specific devices interfere.*

Reactions: mpa and Evgueni
It's really ,for me about Battery time, 7km total flight time maybe but 7km away and back ??,me thinks would need 2 batteries , even on calm day .

3km out to sea early morning for whale Pics.Full signal, Line of Sight,allows me a little Time on Site and 15% + on battery .
I find as the day wears on and more people are using Different electrical devices it can affect range a little.
*Yet to work out which Specific devices interfere.*

i can get about 3km down range with 75% batteries remaining, so i can probably get to about 6.5 km range and getting it back safely provided its on FCC mode when in Australia to give me the signal strength.

It's really ,for me about Battery time, 7km total flight time maybe but 7km away and back ??,me thinks would need 2 batteries , even on calm day .

the mavic specs show a maximum total traveled distance is 14 km on a full charge, which sounds about right. iv seen old mate on youtube go 20km (while following in a car). with massive tail winds.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143