DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rates for Aerial Photography/Videography

mastermind

Reactions
Hello

I'm located in Texas and wondering if any of you perform aerial photography and videography for a service. If so, can you provide some examples of how you charge and how much. Ie. by the hour, but the number of photos, by length of video, with and with post editing, etc.

I'm actually a Photographer and I have been considering adding Aerial services to my portfolio. I've already had a few people ask me about Wedding's, Events, Concerts, etc. But unsure how to develop a rate structure.

All the websites I've looked at for others doing similar services have "Call for a quote" mostly.

Any insights from any of you doing similar would be great. Thanks

I've been doing it commercially for about 6 months now (in Canada) and my rates will vary depending on the work.
If its a wedding for example they will only need me for a short while and it'll be basic maneuvers so i'll charge around $300 and that includes filing a SFOC with transport Canada which is a must here in the north. I require a 30% non-refundable deposit incase of weather and to cover the cost of time writing the SFOC.
If its a large event or complicated where i'll be there all day or multiple locations i'll charge a lot more...maybe $700+ a day.
These prices are just the raw footage and zero editing.

If its a two minute shot, I charge $300.00. A couple of hours worth, $1000.00 and a full day, $1800.00.
This is with my Inspire though, although I would charge the same for the Mavic and sometimes use the two together for a combined shoot although I haven't used the mavic yet for work, just the Inspire.
And yes, I have an SFOC and insurance.

Reactions: serg8482
If its a two minute shot, I charge $300.00. A couple of hours worth, $1000.00 and a full day, $1800.00.
This is with my Inspire though, although I would charge the same for the Mavic and sometimes use the two together for a combined shoot although I haven't used the mavic yet for work, just the Inspire.
And yes, I have an SFOC and insurance.

Maybe i should up my rates LOL. No inspire yet but as i get a steady amount of work and more demand i'll invest and up my rates to match.

@greywolf. As a business, can u hire other pilots to do work for you? If so, I would assume they would need part 107 cert too. Correct?

I would think that as you are already a photographer, you would already have a pricing structure you can adapt. I would be wary lining up to do concerts and larger events as there is a lot more rules etc to be very clear of.

Are you planning on using the mavic as a professional camera?

It is a good professional career. Now many people like the profession. Now Aerial photographers are so demand in market. I am also a photographer. I am working as a aerial photographer at INFINYTE Media (Singaporeaerialphotography.com). This is very popular in Singapore.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+