DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC disconnected from drone with LOS

BadAssDK

Reactions
Hi all,

Yesterday I've got a strange problem; the RC disconnected several sometimes times being only 10-15m away, causing the drone to RTH. I've had my drone for a good month now and I've flown a lot of long trips, almost 2 km away with no problem apart for a "weak signal" warring of course. But I've never before seen that the RC disconnects and I've never seen a RTH due to signal failure.

I was out flying exhausting 3 batteries and during these flights the RC disconnected 5-6 times, making the drone auto RTH. The only thing I've done different yesterday, was to leave the protective bubble over the camera. Was my plan was to try out some of the features and having a bit of wind, I wanted to protect the camera if I crashed. Otherwise I did exactly as I'm always doing.

Another thing also i bit strange; browsing trough my flight records, I found one record missing my drone ID and also stating the mode as "P-GPS" not just "GPS". Any thoughts?

I had a similar issue except my video screen went dark, Turns out DJI sent me a drone with a bad mother board in the RC had to send it back to them and wait a month. Once i got it back it has worked ok

NOW i still get "Aircraft disconnected" from time to time but i still have active video an control over the air ship so not sure what the heck thats about.

I was out flying yesterday and again today with no RC disconnection but a lot of phone disconnections. It appears to be a well known problem between the GO4 app and Android 7. So for now I must assume (hope) that the RC disconnection was a one off. I'm still puzzled by the "P-GPS" flight mode in my flight records.

I was out flying yesterday and again today with no RC disconnection but a lot of phone disconnections. It appears to be a well known problem between the GO4 app and Android 7. So for now I must assume (hope) that the RC disconnection was a one off. I'm still puzzled by the "P-GPS" flight mode in my flight records.

Try a different cable as well. When I first got my Mavic I kept getting disconnects on my phone but the r/c was still connected. I read up on it and dug out an old factory cable for my phone that was still in the package and the phone hasn't disconnected since.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada