DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC with bottom-oriented tablet holder.

flumpet

Reactions
Received my Mavic Pro just hours ago today, and coincidentally, I was meeting my friend who helped 3D print the tablet holder for me. Here it is in action. Credits to the guy who shared the file on Thingverse. Sorry I can't remember your name :/

The mount

image.jpeg

Side view

image.jpeg

With iPad mini 4

image.jpeg

Tablet rests on hands

image.jpeg

So far I prefer the bottom mount as it doesn't block the RC's screen. I haven't flown the Mavic yet so I'm not sure how useful the RC screen will be. I might switch to the top-oriented mount if I decide that the info on the iPad mini is sufficient.

Thats Blade Strikes design and while functional there is a way to not have to use any 3 D printed adapter at all.

Ive seen this vid but I don't really recommend jamming the iPad mini into the holder. It was never meant to hold an iPad mini.

Received my Mavic Pro just hours ago today, and coincidentally, I was meeting my friend who helped 3D print the tablet holder for me. Here it is in action. Credits to the guy who shared the file on Thingverse. Sorry I can't remember your name :/

The mount

View attachment 592

Side view

View attachment 593

With iPad mini 4

View attachment 594

Tablet rests on hands

View attachment 595

So far I prefer the bottom mount as it doesn't block the RC's screen. I haven't flown the Mavic yet so I'm not sure how useful the RC screen will be. I might switch to the top-oriented mount if I decide that the info on the iPad mini is sufficient.

The problem I have with that design is there is no way to manage glare, whereas a sunshield effective enough would block the controller screen.

You're right its not recommended , but obviously works quite well and will reduce the bulk of carry items in ones bag.

Very secure as the rubber grippy parts of the fold out controller arms will "give" and allow the Ipad Mini to be inserted without falling out.

Using the word jamming tends to imply using too much force than is needed to insert the tablet into the folded out arms. Too much force is relative and if too much force was being used I would expect to see a failure of the arms or where they attach to the controller (hinge point) over time. So the jury is still out on this method of inserting the ipad mini.

The problem I have with that design is there is no way to manage glare, whereas a sunshield effective enough would block the controller screen.

Managing glare is always a concern and I have not yet found one end -all - be- all solution to that aside from draping ones head and controller with a dark colored drape or fabric. :p

Managing glare is always a concern and I have not yet found one end -all - be- all solution to that aside from draping ones head and controller with a dark colored drape or fabric. :p
The controller was originally designed for the iphone or a small android phone, so this glare issue would obviously be present if we used it the way it was supposed to be used.
Using the tablet holder does not increase the glare any more than using a phone would. The crux of the issue here is that using a tablet is better. I just tried using it with my iphone 6+ and even then, the screen feels cluttered.

The mount

View attachment 592

Side view

View attachment 593

With iPad mini 4

View attachment 594

Tablet rests on hands

View attachment 595

Brilliant!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll