DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

READY TO FLY BUT CAMERA DISCONNECTED

OfficialDroneTV

Reactions
recently purchased my mavic, charged it all up, downloaded dji go 4.0, downloaded the firmware, and the mavic is connected-ready for take off but there's no live feed-says camera disconnected. Tried reinstalling the app, restarted my iPhone7+, don't know what to do and can't find any other forums on this

Connect the cable to the lightning port and make sure you look at it from the inside of the handle and that its all the way in.

Power on the iPhone first then run the GO4 app and go into the Fly section.

Turn on the controller.

Power on the Mavic.

It should connect.

Rob

Last edited:
The mavic is connected, controller says ready to go, but the live feed is just black, I can tap around to focus but there's no feed

I take it you have no ND filters on and the camera is in Auto mode?

I have heard of this Black screen stuff but never followed a thread that had a solution other than sending back the Mavic. I take it the physical camera is ok and pointed outward.

Try this. Set recording on the video to 1080P at 30fps and Hit record and record a minute or so of video onto the SD card. Then pull out the card and stick it in your PC and see if the video file plays ok. That will eliminate the camera as being the problem.

Rob

Reactions: mikeinbox
I have the exact same problem.
I tried different iPhones, 5s, 6+, 7+ with the same result
Different cables didn't fix the it
I can fly the drone and move around the gimbal but no video feed
The weird thing? I can calibrate the cameras with the assistant ... That means the front and bottom cameras are working
Not sure where it's coming from :(

Exactly!! I was pretty upset didn't get to fly it once, I chatted with someone from DJI on their website and they recommended sending it in for repairs :/

Did you try recording and seeing if the SD card had any video?

Did you try recording and seeing if the SD card had any video?

I did. Nothing on the SD card.
I also contacted Dji for help.
They want to take it in as well.

I'm trying to get it exchanged at the Apple Store where i bought it.

recently purchased my mavic, charged it all up, downloaded dji go 4.0, downloaded the firmware, and the mavic is connected-ready for take off but there's no live feed-says camera disconnected. Tried reinstalling the app, restarted my iPhone7+, don't know what to do and can't find any other forums on this

I had this issue with mine out of the box with my Iphone 7+! Ditched the supplied lightning to Micro Usb and used a normal Lightning cable plugged into the USB on the bottom of the controller. NO issues since. Waiting on DJI to send me a new Lightning to Micro USB cable.

I did. Nothing on the SD card.
I also contacted Dji for help.
They want to take it in as well.

I'm trying to get it exchanged at the Apple Store where i bought it.

Sorry to hear that. This is about the fifth post I have read with this issue and it always ends with the owner having to send it back. I suspect that the camera cable is the issue.

Rob

Sorry to hear that. This is about the fifth post I have read with this issue and it always ends with the owner having to send it back. I suspect that the camera cable is the issue.

Rob

Yup i suspect the same thing.
I saw some parts online for the flat cable but i would prefer to leverage the warranty first.
For now my Mavic is grounded ;(

I have tried using a cable attached to the USB and still get camear disconnect. I slid the 4 application up to forcea complete restart and had camera. It quit displaying again, I restarted the app and had camera. This time it kept connection.

I have lost complete connection with the phone - not just the camera. Not a good thing when in Course Lock or Tap Course, the controller stop button will not cancel this operation. You will need to get the phone back up.

Possibly all the solutions above are purely random - mine too. I think the problem is elsewhere. Maybe it is an interfering phone app or blue tooth connection with something? Trial and error until someone pinpoints the cause.

I had the same problem after updating firmware. What I did to fix it was download dji assistant 2, hooked the drone to the computer and selected "reset factory defaults". That fixed it for me. Before I did that I updated the firmware again with assistant 2 just to be sure that it was good.

I had the same problem after updating firmware. What I did to fix it was download dji assistant 2, hooked the drone to the computer and selected "reset factory defaults". That fixed it for me. Before I did that I updated the firmware again with assistant 2 just to be sure that it was good.

I tried that as well on my side. I think it is really toasted :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu