DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ready to go and what advice on videos

1881Y

Reactions
Glad to have my Mavic arrive today.

Chose my name for fourm as 1881Y in honor of brand new Cessna 172 I picked up in Wichita and flew back to Cleveland at age 16. 1881Y was its tail number. Feel same sense of excitement about the Mavic.

A question I am sure others have asked. Do you have a recomedation(s)on the best unboxing, setup, and first flight video(s)?

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Reactions: 1881Y
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Do you have a recomedation(s)on the best unboxing, setup, and first flight video(s)?
Check out the Mavic quick start guide (in the box) and Mavic manual. You can download the Mavic manual from the Mavic downloads page. Also, you can find a lot of greats tips at MavicHelp.com.

search for first time, things to know before, type videos. I think most of us have had OMG moments. Here are a few of mine:

RTH (return to home) - if on, drone will go high and return to you upon lost signal from the controller.

Really a bad idea to have his on while indoors, or outside under a canopy of trees.
I put mine on "just hover, until the controller reconnects" unless I'm sure I am safe to RTH.
Had to reboot my controller once, and my phone once too. Mavic just waited for me.

Leave it in normal mode with front and bottom collision detectors on.
Fly by watching it 50 yards from you,
learn that you can give no input to the controller and your Mavic will just slide to a stop and wait for you.
Practice, practice, practice.

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum 1881Y

N4615M the 1947 PA-11 Piper Cub I used to fly with my instructor Tom Murphy in Long Island.
Have owned the Mavic for almost a month and still am just scratching the surface regarding it's capabilities and quirks.

vsk

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61