DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

real estate photography

troy64

Reactions
A friend would like me to take video and stills for her real estate listings. Does anyone know the process for obtaining the legal paperwork for this? I've read lots of info but it seems to be very mixed as to what is required vs not required. I live in Louisiana.

Check out the rules in the "Fly for Work" column here.

Reactions: troy64
A friend would like me to take video and stills for her real estate listings. Does anyone know the process for obtaining the legal paperwork for this? I've read lots of info but it seems to be very mixed as to what is required vs not required. I live in Louisiana.

If you intend to do this for compensation you need to get a commercial license from the FAA. I just got mine.

I can explain the exact steps if you are still interested. By the way, I used to fly helos in the Gulf of Mexico for Air Logistics/Bristow.

If you intend to do this for compensation you need to get a commercial license from the FAA. I just got mine.

I can explain the exact steps if you are still interested. By the way, I used to fly helos in the Gulf of Mexico for Air Logistics/Bristow.

Would that be the same as the Part 107 exam?

It is the 107 exam. And according to FAA, if the images are used for the real estate business then it's commercial whether or not you receive compensation. In fact this is almost an exact example that FAA uses in its interpretation.

Needs to be a Part 107 certified pilot and a drone that has registered with the FAA as a commercial drone.

Got it. I did register with the FAA and am now studying for Part 107.

The certificate is good for 2 years. And also, the fee is for each time you take the test, so if you were to fail (not likely if you study) then you have to pay it again to retake.

Reactions: newnan3
Got it. I did register with the FAA and am now studying for Part 107.
I studied for two days looking at Tony Northrup's video and the 3dr practice tests. Scored a 92%, but don't expect all of the questions to look like they did on the practice tests.

Reactions: underdog2003

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent