DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Really cool effect ~ tilt-shifting Mavic footage...

Well done. I've been looking forward to trying this on my stillcshots but hadn't considered it on video clips. How was it achieved please?

Well done. I've been looking forward to trying this on my stillcshots but hadn't considered it on video clips. How was it achieved please?
I use Vegas Pro - so my explanation comes from how I do this effect in Vegas... It requires two layers of the same video playing simultaneously and in sync - one over the other. The top layer gets an ample dose of blur, and it gets its horizontal center "cookie-cutter" out. The edges of this cutout are blurred at about 50% of the blur setting used on the whole layer. Now, the second layer can be seen through the cutout. The second layer will be a clear sharp rendering of the original footage. Both layers are treated for light, contrast and color graded, then given a healthy dose of saturation, to make the colors really pop out. That's really about it. You can always look up how to do it on YouTube for your particular editing software.

I use Vegas Pro - so my explanation comes from how I do this effect in Vegas... It requires two layers of the same video playing simultaneously and in sync - one over the other. The top layer gets an ample dose of blur, and it gets its horizontal center "cookie-cutter" out. The edges of this cutout are blurred at about 50% of the blur setting used on the whole layer. Now, the second layer can be seen through the cutout. The second layer will be a clear sharp rendering of the original footage. Both layers are treated for light, contrast and color graded, then given a healthy dose of saturation, to make the colors really pop out. That's really about it. You can always look up how to do it on YouTube for your particular editing software.
Brilliant, thanks. Cool trick using overlays of the same clip.
I'll take a look round YouTube for a tutorial on my software. Thank you

Excellent work. Thanks for the explanation!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji