DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

REALLY REALLY UNHAPPY!!

BobA

Reactions
With much regret, I have just told DJI (chat; that I fully expect is a robot) where they can fly or shove the Mavic Pro Fly More combo, and Refresh package, that I purchased on the 20th January.

I purchased and paid, with payment authorised in less than an hour, on the 20th January. At that time the DJI website boasted of "shipping in 5-7 days" !!!

20 days later, and on three occasions, DJI reps on the chat service promised my shipment was allocated for 3rd February. So, all day I've been earnestly checking the status of my order, and nothing changed, it just sat there as "authorised"

The minute I got home from work, I went straight onto DJI chat, which connected immediately, instead of the usual 20 minute wait, only to be told that they couldn't ship my order because "it is out of stock". The DJI site is still displaying 7-10 day shipping for the Fly More combo!!

I HATE BEING LIED TO, so they can fly their drones where the sun doesn't shine AND post the video as far as I'm concerned.

I'd still love to have one, but at the moment I am just too annoyed to give them a penny of my money.

Bob

Give your money to the multitude of vendors aside from DJI who carry their product. Best Buy, Crutchfield, Drone Nerds, BH Photo.
This would be an excellent idea if these companies had Mavics in stock.

Give your money to the multitude of vendors aside from DJI who carry their product. Best Buy, Crutchfield, Drone Nerds, BH Photo.

If we had them in the UK, I probably would, but suppliers are a bit thin, and stock even thinner.

What worries me, is if DJI can treat new customers like this, how good is their after-sales and Refresh service?

I will definitely trawl UK suppliers tomorrow, after I've calmed down a bit!!!

Reactions: pcfixer
I have been waiting 60 days, so all is relative me think... (but yes it is annoying, the lies about delivery dates)

Reactions: MarkEt
I don't understand what determines how some people get their order filled and others wait for weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

DJI
If we had them in the UK, I probably would, but suppliers are a bit thin, and stock even thinner.

What worries me, is if DJI can treat new customers like this, how good is their after-sales and Refresh service?

DJI has a monopoly at the moment and they are Chinese. In other words if you want one you will have to wait. If you don't want one, who cares...

Reactions: vitaminD

I suspect your best bet is to place an order with a UK supplier and just wait it out.

Unfortunately you get VATed that way. (I did in Canada - but I have my drone).
A direct China order usually comes into Canada w/o the customs people snagging it.

Im sorry, but this is hilarious.. People are waiting waaay longer than 14 days to receive their mavic pro. I mean, seriously maybe you need a safe spot so that you can express your feelings. My god, really? We all waited dude, get over it, and stop crying.

after a month with Maplin just got told nothing coming....think I cancel and wait till April...may b a Mavic 2 then....over 3 months and 3 sellers still nothing...ah well...thin in UK

Well you can look at the bright side of things.... You have all the time in the world to read te menu and don't take off with your Mavic like a madman...

:)

Happy Flying
Brewsky

Im sorry, but this is hilarious.. People are waiting waaay longer than 14 days to receive their mavic pro. I mean, seriously maybe you need a safe spot so that you can express your feelings. My god, really? We all waited dude, get over it, and stop crying.

I am glad you think it is hilarious! Your not seeing the point! I don't mind the wait, it's the being lied to that we are complaining about.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Hes a new member so cut him some slack. Maybe he is a babe in the woods and unaware of DJI's business practices. He just joined Monday which was after the date that he ordered it and was promised delivery.

The big series of lies started when they said that the Chinese New Year would have no effect on them shipping products. In 15 years of doing business with Chinese companies I have never heard one of them utter those words! Everything in the manufacturing sector grinds to a Halt for 2-3 weeks during the CNY. DJI pushed out Mavics like mad up until about the 24th and then they slowed right down just like every Chinese manufacturer. Look for production to start up back on the 6th and be in full gear by the 8-9th of Feb. Then it's going to take a week or so for quantities of finished product to be high enough to do big shipments. Amazon was pretty much on the money when the said Feb 20th. I have no idea why they pushed that back to March 20th. I guess DJI plans on keeping 90% of the stock for direct orders only for an additional month.

Rob

The big series of lies started when they said that the Chinese New Year would have no effect on them shipping products. In 15 years of doing business with Chinese companies I have never heard one of them utter those words! Everything in the manufacturing sector grinds to a Halt for 2-3 weeks during the CNY. DJI pushed out Mavics like mad up until about the 24th and then they slowed right down just like every Chinese manufacturer. Look for production to start up back on the 6th and be in full gear by the 8-9th of Feb. Then it's going to take a week or so for quantities of finished product to be high enough to do big shipments. Amazon was pretty much on the money when the said Feb 20th. I have no idea why they pushed that back to March 20th. I guess DJI plans on keeping 90% of the stock for direct orders only for an additional month.

Rob
sounds about spot on....

I think maybe they are having QC issues again and that is why there seems to be a universal shortage again...DJI has been sucking hard lately.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej