DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

REALLY REALLY UNHAPPY!!

I went through **** cancelling my order with Apple.
Oh really, how come? What was the issue?

There is an apple store nearby so i figured I'd just go to the store if I had any issues. None so far. Quite happy with the service.

Let us know what issues you had so others can be aware.

After joining this forum and seeing how many people were waiting for long periods to get their order, I opted for finding a seller on eBay with one in hand in an unopened package. I paid a premium but I didn't have to wait. I love this thing!

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using MavicPilots mobile app

As much as I like my Mavic, I'm incredibly unimpressed with DJI as a company. They are clearly a technology/engineering firm with no real clue how to actually run a customer oriented business. All it will take is a couple of companies to get their collective acts together (possibly Yuneec, GoPro, 3DR, Amazon, Apple, etc.), and they could put a real dent in DJI's business. As it is now, they have no "real" competition because their products are so superior. As a result, they can get away with customer service on the level of a typical US DMV office. DJI is showing us exactly what the world looks like where a virtual monopoly is in control, and it's not pretty.

If drones continue to increase in popularity and functionality, it will invite better run companies into the fray. Then and only then will the customer gain his rightful place in the system.

Reactions: frankiez
As much as I like my Mavic, I'm incredibly unimpressed with DJI as a company. They are clearly a technology/engineering firm with no real clue how to actually run a customer oriented business. All it will take is a couple of companies to get their collective acts together (possibly Yuneec, GoPro, 3DR, Amazon, Apple, etc.), and they could put a real dent in DJI's business. As it is now, they have no "real" competition because their products are so superior. As a result, they can get away with customer service on the level of a typical US DMV office. DJI is showing us exactly what the world looks like where a virtual monopoly is in control, and it's not pretty.

If drones continue to increase in popularity and functionality, it will invite better run companies into the fray. Then and only then will the customer gain his rightful place in the system.

DJI rules because they are competent in putting out a solid, reliable, superior product in all aspects. They have loads of competition and still rule. Why? You said it yourself. The cream always rise to the top.

The rest is basically wishful thinking. Everybody hates the big guys and loves to root for the underdog. I don't, I love a thriving, competent company. Will take a Phantom or a Mavic over any Yuneec or 3DR anytime, any day (had those already, don't think they're perfect for a second). Besides, customer support always lag behind in success cases like these. It's certainly not a DJI exclusive. Search around and see if I'm wrong.

Now, please don't get me wrong. I would really love to see another 2 or 3 companies making equally solid, reliable, affordable - desirable - drones to keep DJI even more on the tip of their toes. But: 1) I don't see DJI resting on the laurels, quite the opposite in fact - even if that's not enough for some (can't please 100% anyway no matter what); and 2) I have a real, real hard time seeing another competitor getting in the way of their success.

Because, honestly, they're so ahead in the development curve that would take such a tremendous effort to catch up and leave them behind... Well, I may eat my words, and I would love to, but honestly it just won't happen. Not anytime soon.

So yes, DJI's success lies exactly where all others, as competent as they might be, are failing. In other words, DJI is still better at what really matters, even though that trajectory may be bumpy. But then it always is. That's the burden of success.

Reminds me of when I lived in the Detroit area. Comcast had a monopoly on cable TV. A startup company called Wide Open West (WOW) came in and provided the same service (basic cable TV and internet) for less than half the price Comcast was charging plus their picture quality was far superior to Comcast. Funny how the issues that Comcast refused to address were suddenly being taken care of now that they were losing customers hand over foot to WOW.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using MavicPilots mobile app

I ordered my Mavic, from DJI last Monday. 30th Jan and it was delivered on Wednesday 1st Feb !

Because, honestly, they're so ahead in the development curve that would take such a tremendous effort to catch up and leave them behind... Well, I may eat my words, and I would love to, but honestly it just won't happen. Not anytime soon.

This is where you're misguided. All it would take is a company like Intel to start focusing on consumer products and they could bury DJI in very short order.

This is where you're misguided. All it would take is a company like Intel to start focusing on consumer products and they could bury DJI in very short order.

They could, they would, they should. Ok, in the realm of "possible" I admit it. Possible, yes. Anything is possible. Likely? Not really, and by a fair margin. It would require a big shift in Intel's business and strategy. And these things don't happen like that. Too big a move, too many risks from various perspectives. And for what? Kill DJI? Sell consumer drones? Highly unlikely IMO.

I'm just speculating but I'd guess Intel would be more interested in buying DJI, if (big IF) they were really interested in the drone market. That would also require DJI to be interested in the M&A or whatever format they chose. Which I doubt in both instances, but again what do I know. Likewise, they could acquire a competitor to get a jumpstart. Because, frankly, if they start from zero, DJI still has 10 yrs on them, a strong brand name and a solid leadership. That's not a small obstacle as you're trying to make it. And it's even more risk to Intel.

They could perhaps work more closely with a competitor to supply chips for drones, that's more realistic. In fact that's exactly what they do, and it is a lot more aligned with their core business and development history. The same theory is also valid for other big players (Amazon, Google, whatever). Again, that's my opinion.

I ordered mine on the 19th Jan direct with DJI and it shipped with DHL in 2 days, on the 21st Jan. Great fast service. It is worth the wait mate. I have flown for 1 - 2 hours everyday and it is fantastic, used the help line and they answered all my tech questions, great service so far. My favourite gadget in years and years.

With much regret, I have just told DJI (chat; that I fully expect is a robot) where they can fly or shove the Mavic Pro Fly More combo, and Refresh package, that I purchased on the 20th January.

I purchased and paid, with payment authorised in less than an hour, on the 20th January. At that time the DJI website boasted of "shipping in 5-7 days" !!!

20 days later, and on three occasions, DJI reps on the chat service promised my shipment was allocated for 3rd February. So, all day I've been earnestly checking the status of my order, and nothing changed, it just sat there as "authorised"

The minute I got home from work, I went straight onto DJI chat, which connected immediately, instead of the usual 20 minute wait, only to be told that they couldn't ship my order because "it is out of stock". The DJI site is still displaying 7-10 day shipping for the Fly More combo!!

I HATE BEING LIED TO, so they can fly their drones where the sun doesn't shine AND post the video as far as I'm concerned.

I'd still love to have one, but at the moment I am just too annoyed to give them a penny of my money.

Bob

Not read all the comments but either your dates are off or your maths is. Where are you getting 20 days from? Did you mean to say you ordered on the 10th January or that after 10 days they had still not shipped it?

I am told that MAVIC is being bought out by KARMA and that they are intentionally shrinking supply in order to drive up demand.
Pwahahaha! This is a joke right?

Yes the Karma is being re-released (they have apparently addressed the initial issues) but please could you enlighten all of us how on earth they would attach the GoPro camera to the Mavic seeming as it already has a camera attached, with all the electronics for the camera being built into the system board etc.

Just a little common sense would tell you that such a rumour is complete rubbish and I have not even got into the actual size of DJI compared to GoPro as a company... :)

ordered through BestBuy .ca online. Free shipping, no duty, just good ol' tax!
Thanks AWOL just got my MP today haven't did any flying yet just getting her all set up have to get out and do a compass cal yet

Been waiting nearly 100 Days for the Pre order fly more I did with Heliguy UK back in October!! only 365 Days a Year LOL. Ordered Combo direct from DJI on the 5th Jan and delivered on the 24th!

Got mine yesterday. 6 business days from order submit and package in hands. Fly more, ordered direct from DJI.

Good News! I ordered my flymoreCombo yesterday direct from DJI......so there is hope to get it before March :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98