DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

REALLY REALLY UNHAPPY!!

With much regret, I have just told DJI (chat; that I fully expect is a robot) where they can fly or shove the Mavic Pro Fly More combo, and Refresh package, that I purchased on the 20th January.

I purchased and paid, with payment authorised in less than an hour, on the 20th January. At that time the DJI website boasted of "shipping in 5-7 days" !!!

20 days later, and on three occasions, DJI reps on the chat service promised my shipment was allocated for 3rd February. So, all day I've been earnestly checking the status of my order, and nothing changed, it just sat there as "authorised"

The minute I got home from work, I went straight onto DJI chat, which connected immediately, instead of the usual 20 minute wait, only to be told that they couldn't ship my order because "it is out of stock". The DJI site is still displaying 7-10 day shipping for the Fly More combo!!

I HATE BEING LIED TO, so they can fly their drones where the sun doesn't shine AND post the video as far as I'm concerned.

I'd still love to have one, but at the moment I am just too annoyed to give them a penny of my money.

Bob

Sorry for your troubles Bob, truly.
Nothing pisses me off more than Websites not updating and accepting payment for Stuff that is at the wharehouse/on Backorder/Discontinued.

I don't order anything these days (especially a $1500 Drone) without checking with the store to see they
actually have them to sell. If the checkout that lets you order 99 Mavics, etc. It's probably a good sign to shop somewhere else.

Sad to say but eBay is your friend for purchasing stuff so cool your gonna have "Parcel Anxiety" until the
doorbell rings.

Last edited:
That was the cherry on the cake! They informed me that the refund could take 7 days, even though they've had my cash for 20 days! FU##ERS!!!

They don't have your money.The bank holds it till they mark it shipped. The delay is on your bank.

With much regret, I have just told DJI (chat; that I fully expect is a robot) where they can fly or shove the Mavic Pro Fly More combo, and Refresh package, that I purchased on the 20th January.

I purchased and paid, with payment authorised in less than an hour, on the 20th January. At that time the DJI website boasted of "shipping in 5-7 days" !!!

20 days later, and on three occasions, DJI reps on the chat service promised my shipment was allocated for 3rd February. So, all day I've been earnestly checking the status of my order, and nothing changed, it just sat there as "authorised"

The minute I got home from work, I went straight onto DJI chat, which connected immediately, instead of the usual 20 minute wait, only to be told that they couldn't ship my order because "it is out of stock". The DJI site is still displaying 7-10 day shipping for the Fly More combo!!

I HATE BEING LIED TO, so they can fly their drones where the sun doesn't shine AND post the video as far as I'm concerned.

I'd still love to have one, but at the moment I am just too annoyed to give them a penny of my money.

Bob
Hi Bob
sorry to hear about your trouble. I am that bloody German that received his mavic days ago which was obviously assigned to be sent to you...
But my experience with DJI was completely ok and notifications of waiting time and upcoming delivery was exactly what they announced.

No worries mate!. Keep on trying, the Mavic is worth the trouble!
Michael

Im sorry, but this is hilarious.. People are waiting waaay longer than 14 days to receive their mavic pro. I mean, seriously maybe you need a safe spot so that you can express your feelings. My god, really? We all waited dude, get over it, and stop crying.

I waited three months.
Was worth every day.

Cheers,
Gossen

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

BIG Surprise. I ordered mine two days ago and did expect delivery in March. Today the DJI-Store has the new status: SHIPPED! No idea when it will arrive here, but obviously loooong before March :)

That was the cherry on the cake! They informed me that the refund could take 7 days, even though they've had my cash for 20 days! FU##ERS!!!
DJI is clearly a "shaky" organization. I don't know if it is a cultural delineator or what. I'm so afraid of needing support at this point given the horror stories of lies heaped upon lies.

BIG Surprise. I ordered mine two days ago and did expect delivery in March. Today the DJI-Store has the new status: SHIPPED! No idea when it will arrive here, but obviously loooong before March :)
That is if in fact something has shipped. Others have seen this only to find out it wasn't real. I think they say "shipped" because that contractually prevents you from cancelling the order. It might just be another ruse.

Got my tracking number now. First estimate was delivery on Tuesday 14th, Now DHL says latest on Monday 13th. Is already in London Gatwick and on the way to germany......

4 pages and no one has mentioned that the OP is lying? Ordered on Jan 20th, stated he waited 20 days.....is it Feb 9 already?

I will put your response down to a very poor choice of words, and thank the lord that you weren't standing in front of me accusing me of being a liar. It's just not a nice word!

Now if you'd accused me of being a dumb $hit that couldn't add up, I'd have laughed along with you :)

Anyways, I will be adding a happier final note to the thread right now!!

Well, the mysteries of the Orient prevail !!

Just to put a final HAPPY note on this thread (which I always like to do) I will tell you all that I just took my first cold and windy flight, and I am sitting here beaming like a crazed loon!

So, as you may recall, my initial order was prompted by a DJI promised shipping date of 5-7 working days. That never happened, for whatever reason, and I got in real paddy because DJI had blatantly lied to me on several occasions, and then cancelled my order in disgust.

After a few hours of calming down, I regretted it, after watching YouTube videos of all you happy flyers!

Anyway, after several slices of "humble pie" I placed another order (on a better 0% credit card) got the same immediate payment accepted (double checked with my CC) and promised myself I absolutely would not keep checking my order status. Wierdly, the order number on my second order, was lower than the one on my initial order, but anyway...

..fast forward a few days, and I cannot contain myself and log onto the DJI store app to check my order progress. Not much had happened, and it was sitting there as "payment approved"

Later that evening, I'm piddling around on my laptop, and just before bed, decided to check my order status online. Weirdly, it showed a completely different status (I compared the two next to each other) and online showed "shipping pending" or something similar.

Moving on another day or two, I get an email from DPD telling me that they're delivering a parcel for me, the day after. No reference to tell me from who, or an order number. Obviously I start to get excited!!

Cut to the next day (10th Feb), DPD deliver to my neighbour while I'm at work, and I get home and it's here....yippppeeeee!!

I unboxed it to find the gimble cover and clamp rattling around, and was expecting the worst. Checked everything, connected everything, and fully expected to have to install an update as every guide seemed to suggest, but didn't. Yesterday was cold and snowing or sleeting, so I was grounded, but today there was a brief respite and I popped out for a quick first flight in beginners mode. I AM FINALLY HAPPY :)

Twenty minutes in the air, and quite a few alerts on the controller for high wind, but thankfully no issues with the gimbal, and no crashes (cross fingers) to report. Everything seems to be working brilliantly.

The weather has turned again, so I expect my next flight won't be for a while, but I expect I will have my eyes to the sky every day waiting for a gap in the clouds to hone my skills.

I'll be back to ask for more advice soon!

Oh! One tip! The ground is wet here, so I took an old rug to my flying location and laid it out on the ground. It proved to be a perfect take-off/landing spot and a great place to put my bag to keep from getting wet.

Regards to all

Bob

Reactions: Slayerstwin
Well, the mysteries of the Orient prevail !!

Just to put a final HAPPY note on this thread (which I always like to do) I will tell you all that I just took my first cold and windy flight, and I am sitting here beaming like a crazed loon!

So, as you may recall, my initial order was prompted by a DJI promised shipping date of 5-7 working days. That never happened, for whatever reason, and I got in real paddy because DJI had blatantly lied to me on several occasions, and then cancelled my order in disgust.

After a few hours of calming down, I regretted it, after watching YouTube videos of all you happy flyers!

Anyway, after several slices of "humble pie" I placed another order (on a better 0% credit card) got the same immediate payment accepted (double checked with my CC) and promised myself I absolutely would not keep checking my order status. Wierdly, the order number on my second order, was lower than the one on my initial order, but anyway...

..fast forward a few days, and I cannot contain myself and log onto the DJI store app to check my order progress. Not much had happened, and it was sitting there as "payment approved"

Later that evening, I'm piddling around on my laptop, and just before bed, decided to check my order status online. Weirdly, it showed a completely different status (I compared the two next to each other) and online showed "shipping pending" or something similar.

Moving on another day or two, I get an email from DPD telling me that they're delivering a parcel for me, the day after. No reference to tell me from who, or an order number. Obviously I start to get excited!!

Cut to the next day (10th Feb), DPD deliver to my neighbour while I'm at work, and I get home and it's here....yippppeeeee!!

I unboxed it to find the gimble cover and clamp rattling around, and was expecting the worst. Checked everything, connected everything, and fully expected to have to install an update as every guide seemed to suggest, but didn't. Yesterday was cold and snowing or sleeting, so I was grounded, but today there was a brief respite and I popped out for a quick first flight in beginners mode. I AM FINALLY HAPPY :)

Twenty minutes in the air, and quite a few alerts on the controller for high wind, but thankfully no issues with the gimbal, and no crashes (cross fingers) to report. Everything seems to be working brilliantly.

The weather has turned again, so I expect my next flight won't be for a while, but I expect I will have my eyes to the sky every day waiting for a gap in the clouds to hone my skills.

I'll be back to ask for more advice soon!

Oh! One tip! The ground is wet here, so I took an old rug to my flying location and laid it out on the ground. It proved to be a perfect take-off/landing spot and a great place to put my bag to keep from getting wet.

Regards to all

Bob

You sound like à spoiled kid. Anyways, enjoy your mp!

20 days? You ordered your Mavic on the 20th of Jan and you first posted this on the 4th of Feb. By my count that's 15 days.

I get it though, that's still longer than 5-7 days. Also, I saw that somebody else hit the nail right on the head. You placed your order 8 days before the Lunar New Year. I know that's not a huge deal to Westerners but in Asia, it's really huge. I'm an American living in Korea and I don't leave my house on that weekend unless I plan on tripling the amount of time it'll take me to get anywhere, depending on where I'm going. It's a pretty big deal and EVERYTHING shuts down. So the new year mixed with DJI's piss poor supply and shipment practices, you were doomed from the start.

I only read the first page of this thread, 9 pages of this crap is too much of a waste of my time. Hopefully somebody reads my response and realizes how much of their time I'm wasting. :cool:

Think of how much time I wasted typing this up and posting it.....I have no life.....

20 days? You ordered your Mavic on the 20th of Jan and you first posted this on the 4th of Feb. By my count that's 15 days.

I get it though, that's still longer than 5-7 days. Also, I saw that somebody else hit the nail right on the head. You placed your order 8 days before the Lunar New Year. I know that's not a huge deal to Westerners but in Asia, it's really huge. I'm an American living in Korea and I don't leave my house on that weekend unless I plan on tripling the amount of time it'll take me to get anywhere, depending on where I'm going. It's a pretty big deal and EVERYTHING shuts down. So the new year mixed with DJI's piss poor supply and shipment practices, you were doomed from the start.

I only read the first page of this thread, 9 pages of this crap is too much of a waste of my time. Hopefully somebody reads my response and realizes how much of their time I'm wasting. :cool:

Think of how much time I wasted typing this up and posting it.....I have no life.....

LMAO

Interesting read. I find it interesting to read the responses. Many people become desensitized to their first drone purchase. Doing business with Chinese companies always seem to go like this so those who have been it around know this to be the norm while those who are not familiar find it unacceptable (because it wouldn't fly with an American business).

I ordered mine last week on the DJI website and was skeptical that I would get it. It still hasn't shown as shipped. Ill give it a week. If nothing happens i'll probably go through eBay or just wait it out and get it when BestBuy get's it in to stock to get the 5% back in rewards and to apply my current $500 in rewards to the purchase. Glad to see it worked out for you!

I waited three months.
Was worth every day.

Cheers,
Gossen

I waited 112 Days for an order with Heliguy in the UK. Ordered one direct from DJI and delivered on the 5th Feb and delivered 24th Feb. Feel sorry for anybody that ordered one from Heliguy as you'll get it in a few Months if you ordered in October and that's if you’re lucky!!!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929