DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Really stupid question incoming...

harmonix234

Reactions
ill be flyinf on xmas day in chicago as its expected to be 50's.

i got the ok to fly above the 400 foot limit near an airport,

if i go so high and want to come back down i can hit the RTH or use the control stick and aim it down?
i know when you land and hold down it cuts off the motors.

if i am so high can i continue to hold the stick down until i land or will i inadvertently cut the motors off?

I had the same concern actually

Holding the left stick down only cuts the motors off when it's on the ground. If you're in the air you can hold the left stick down all you want and it will just reduce altitude, not cut the motors out

There is an option so that if you hold the left stick down/right and the right stick down/left that it will cut the motors out (it's an emergency feature only), but that's the only way I know of to cut the motors while in the air.

RTH will work just fine too but it beeps loud as heck and I guarantee it will annoy you to no end.

f i go so high and want to come back down i can hit the RTH or use the control stick and aim it down?
You can descend by holding the throttle down.

if i am so high can i continue to hold the stick down until i land or will i inadvertently cut the motors off?
The motors will not shut off until the Mavic lands.

Holding down the "throttle" stick will not cut the motors out until the Mavic's IMU and other sensors actually detects that the Mavic has landed. Only way the motors will cut-out mid-flight is if you activate emergency cut-out via both sticks (left stick down-left + right stick down-right OR left stick down-right + right stick down-left) or if the battery instantly dies.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo