DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reason for Mavic shipping delay?

Platinum350

Reactions
I have really been frustrated with this whole thing. I am certainty not a conspiracy subscriber but this is what makes sense to me.

1- DJI released to Mavic to combat the Karma before the largest buying season of the year.

2- The Mavic experienced problems, possibly in design or manufacturing or both.

3- DJI started a crash program to fix the design and manufacturing difficulties that put everything on hold. The delay was or is not just the fix, but to verify the fix.

4- Manufacturing ramp up is slow because if for some reason the fix fails or some other issue is uncovered, the company liability would not be as great if they had to issue a recall.

B&H told me they heard an early issue with gimbal assembly. If true that would have triggered the brakes on shipments.

As for DJI ... their silence is to protect the orders from being cancelled and customers seeking other copter alternatives. They surely could not announce a design issue. They could hint that the overwhelming order volume was unanticipated and they are working "around the clock" to fulfill existing orders without too much blowback.

But now the delays have really annoyed customers. Customers can deal with honesty. They might not like it, but they can deal with. Now the deafening silence from DJI about what's really going on regarding the Mavic is fueling anger .... I know this because I'm one of the angry ones.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I certainly agree with the frustrating side of this. I ordered on Oct 3rd and I'm still waiting. My P3 Pro is long gone and now sitting in limbo. Hind sight is always 20/20 but disappointed in myself that I just didn't order the Mavic but chose the upgrade package which likely contributed to the delay. Lessons learned. If Q1, 2017 doesn't produce a new Mavic then it's back to purchasing a product that can be delivered.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent