DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recommendations for Backpack and DSLR

TankedPirate

Reactions
Hello all,
Looking for a good backpack to hold my 'fly more' combo including chargers, cables, etc, and a full frame DSLR, and flash. I can live with one lens in the bag, but it all must fit in the one backpack...

Any recommendations would be of great assistance! Driving myself crazy looking through Amazon, B&H, Adorama, local camera stores, and now they are all looking the same to me.

So any experience, flaws, good/bad points would be great!

Thank you all!

P.S. Admins, if something similar has been posted feel free to delete, and if you could point me in that direction...

Dakine Mission Photo 25L Backpack | Dakine

I have the Dakine Mission backpack (linked above) It has a removable padded insert that fits: Mavic Pro, Remote, Charger, 2 additional batteries, Nikon D3300 (w/ a Sigma 17-50mm attached), Charger + Battery, Sigma 10-20mm, a slew of ND filters.

And that's just in the padded insert. I also fit my 13inch MacBook Air, portable charger, sunglass case, Joby Flex Tripod and then attach a full size tripod to the back.

Absolutely love this backpack and can't say enough good things about it.

Reactions: TankedPirate
Dakine Mission Photo 25L Backpack | Dakine

I have the Dakine Mission backpack (linked above) It has a removable padded insert that fits: Mavic Pro, Remote, Charger, 2 additional batteries, Nikon D3300 (w/ a Sigma 17-50mm attached), Charger + Battery, Sigma 10-20mm, a slew of ND filters.

And that's just in the padded insert. I also fit my 13inch MacBook Air, portable charger, sunglass case, Joby Flex Tripod and then attach a full size tripod to the back.

Absolutely love this backpack and can't say enough good things about it.
Thank you so much!

Reactions: cam36
751f2664ad43ad5a78ca7a562108ff0f.jpg

Amazon basics. Best fit for that combo. I even fit my ultra portable tripod in there as well. Very cheap and not too deep compared to many bags

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using MavicPilots mobile app

I bought this at Walmart on a close-out for $9 but normally $19 I think. Lower back pocket is for my Galaxy Tab S7, 2 side outside web pockets for batteries, top outside back pocket for ND filter pack and props, middle large main pocket for kneeling/butt pad (old laptop soft case), and main top opening compartment for Mavic with leg extensions attached (I put the Mavic in a discarded hard drive bubble shipping wrap) and the folded Controller ( in a protected foam pack - a discarded leg extenders foam). Also a down vest in there. Weight ready to go ... 7 lbs.

upload_2017-2-28_6-16-19.png

Thank you everyone for helping! Now to narrow it down! Glad to see that others have similar setups as me!

I use the Peak Design 25l Backpack.
I fit an Sony a7ii with 2 spare batteries, , 2 lenses, mavic pro with 2 spare batteries, mavic pro controller + sunshade, sirui t024x strapped to the side pocket, with room to spare.

Brilliant bag with very practical features and looks great!

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

I use the Peak Design 25l Backpack.
I fit an Sony a7ii with 2 spare batteries, , 2 lenses, mavic pro with 2 spare batteries, mavic pro controller + sunshade, sirui t024x strapped to the side pocket, with room to spare.

Brilliant bag with very practical features and looks great!

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app
This one is one my list too!

I'd look into both of these bags:

Lowepro Photo Sport 200 AW II ($109)
Amazon.com: Lowepro Photo Sport 200 AW II - An Outdoor Sport Backpack for Mirrorless or DSLR Camera: Camera & Photo

Seems like a great day pack with room for either a hydration pack or a slim laptop.

or...

Incase CL58084 ($129)
Amazon.com : Incase CL58084 Pro Pack for GoPro (Black) : Camera & Photo

I went ahead and ordered this one today because of the sleek design and slim profile. It should be arriving on Monday so I'll upload pics with my Mavic, Sony a6300, batteries and whatever else I can stuff inside of it.

Here's an update on my InCase GoPro bag. Turned out to be a solid purchase since it fits everything I need in it with some room to spare. The only drawback is that the bag doesn't come with all the divider inserts so I went ahead and purchased an InCase camera bag organizer that happens to fit right into it. Worked out great:

IMG_0969_zpsxafeeftd.jpg

IMG_0968_zps0un4dtmm.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsdlm9vjqm.jpg

IMG_0967_zpsch3hppbu.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member