DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recording sports footage

Viciam

Reactions
Evening all

I want to record a football/cricket match tomorrow. What fps and shutter speed should I use to make it look like real TV?

What fps and shutter speed do sports channel broadcast?

Evening all

I want to record a football/cricket match tomorrow. What fps and shutter speed should I use to make it look like real TV?

What fps and shutter speed do sports channel broadcast?
This interests myself, I would think 720p 24 or 30 fps?

These days you would have to record it in 60fps to emulate HD but don't do that, the Mavic has terrible aliasing in that mode.. so if you're in the US, 30fps emulates NTSC, 25fps would be PAL. But since the Mavic camera doesn't have iris/aperture, you should also consider an ND filter to emulate 180 degree shutter, i.e. shooting 1/2 of the exposure time of your fps, i.e. 1/60s for NTSC. This will give you a little bit of motion blur that will make fast movement look smoother and not choppy.

I have ND filters. So 4k 24fps at 1/50 shutter should be okay?

should be.. but keep in mind that any faster movement of the camera itself will end up completely blurry at 1/50s (I edit out fast pans and "looking around" so it doesn't bother me).. if you still have time shoot a couple test videos so that you know if you like the results.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa