DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

red sign of vision sensor

mlaczek

Reactions
hi guys!

maybe somebody in the past asked this, but I don't found it in the threads. sorry if I'm blind ;)

I just tested my focus now, and I saw, the vision sensor icon show red feedback. the light wasn't directly to the forward sensors, but was bright light. it is normal? before the latest firmware I had inconsistent firmware found messages, and upgraded the vision sensor always I turned on my mavic. now I have 0500 FW, I still have inconsistent firmware found message, but I don't know what upgrading when I slide it, because the Go4 app don't wrote it. just running to success the upgrade. anyway... what do you think guys, the red sign is normal in not directly bright light?

(sorry for my bad english!)

Attachments

• vision sensor.png
    vision sensor.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 65
Are you talking about the red lines around the trees? That is called "focus peaking" and shows what is in focus, you can change that in the photo setting mode. Or are you referring to the forward vision icon, this can be turned on or off in the settings menu if you tap the icon. Hope this helps, if not please explain more.
Regards,
-d.

Are you talking about the red lines around the trees? That is called "focus peaking" and shows what is in focus, you can change that in the photo setting mode. Or are you referring to the forward vision icon, this can be turned on or off in the settings menu if you tap the icon. Hope this helps, if not please explain more.
Regards,
-d.

Bunny Too, thank you for your answer!

yes, I talking about the red forward vision icon. that was turned on. I never switch it off. so I'm just wondering, why is that red (the light wasn't directly, just bright a bit from the temple wall). if I put my mavic to shady place, the red icon changing to white. I don't know, it is normal or not.

Regards,
mlacz

I think the downward vision sensors are disabled when flying in ATTI mode. The ultrasonic sensors are still enabled -- which is why you can see the VPS altitude in your screenshot above. DJI support explains that here in the DJI forum. It's a P4 thread, but I'm assuming the same applies to the Mavic since that's what seems to be occurring in your case.

Reactions: mlaczek
I think the downward vision sensors are disabled when flying in ATTI mode. The ultrasonic sensors are still enabled -- which is why you can see the VPS altitude in your screenshot above. DJI support explains that here in the DJI forum. It's a P4 thread, but I'm assuming the same applies to the Mavic since that's what seems to be occurring in your case.

hi msinger!

thank you for your answer!

i was not flying, i just put my mavic on to the table near to the window :) so you said in ATTI mode the downward sensors are disabled. and why changing to white the sensor icon, when i take my mavic to shade. it's still in ATTI mode in the sahdy place :) (it is very interesting thing for me)

i check your link. thank's again!

(sorry for my bad english!)

i was not flying, i just put my mavic on to the table near to the window
Right -- I just meant your Mavic was in ATTI mode.

and why changing to white the sensor icon, when i take my mavic to shade
Are you saying the icon is no longer red when your Mavic is in the shade or not in the shade? If it's only red when in the shade, then the vision sensors are most likely just disabled due to the poor lighting conditions.

Are you saying the icon is no longer red when your Mavic is in the shade or not in the shade? If it's only red when in the shade, then the vision sensors are most likely just disabled due to the poor lighting conditions.[/QUOTE]

no, the icon was red in the light and change to white in the shade. i checked the vision sensor settings quickly (in the lights), and the downward settings slide automaticaly to on. but it was in off (i never switch it off before).

(i'm really sorry for my english :(. i know my english is very bad, but i learned a lot here on this forum ;))

no, the icon was red in the light and change to white in the shade
In your screenshot above, is your Mavic in the light or in the shade? It appears to be in the shade.

In your screenshot above, is your Mavic in the light or in the shade? It appears to be in the shade.

ohh, sorry! the mavic was in the shade, but with face to the bright light, and the vision icon was red. when i put down the mavic to the floor, and the vision sensor was in perfectly shade (didn't saw bright light), the icon changed to white.

(i have to learn english!)

What happens when you move your Mavic out of the shade in a location where the sun is shining on the ground? The vision sensors are on the bottom of your Mavic, so they might not work well when in a shady area even if there is lots of light straight ahead.

What happens when you move your Mavic out of the shade in a location where the sun is shining on the ground? The vision sensors are on the bottom of your Mavic, so they might not work well when in a shady area even if there is lots of light straight ahead.

okay, now i see what happen. when the mavic in atti mode, and standing on the table, the vision sensor icon turning to red. if i walk with my bird in atti mode, the sensor icon turn white. if the mavic on the table in gps or opti mode, the sensor icon color is white. i think it is normal. no?

When my Mavic is in ATTI mode, I see the red icon like in your screenshot above. It doesn't matter if my Mavic is sitting on the ground or if I'm walking with it. As soon as it switches out of ATTI mode, the icon changes back to the normal white icon. It looks like the downward vision sensors are disabled in ATTI mode.

When my Mavic is in ATTI mode, I see the red icon like in your screenshot above. It doesn't matter if my Mavic is sitting on the ground or if I'm walking with it. As soon as it switches out of ATTI mode, the icon changes back to the normal white icon. It looks like the downward vision sensors are disabled in ATTI mode.

yes! maybe my mavic changes from ATTI mode to OPTI mode, when i start walking with "her". but when i'm walking with "her" the icon was white, i'm shure. and if standing on the table, the icon was red. if i remember right, the manual say the same like you: the downward sensor automaticaly disable in ATTI mode. for me was heavy to test this thing, because I live in concrete house with full of metal. poor mavic changing the modes whitin seconds.

thank you for your care msinger! you helped me a lot!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent