DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reducing critical battery %

BorisTheSpider

Reactions
Am I correct in assuming that the critical battery % setting in the app is what the mavic will commence auto landing at if it's ever reached?

Although I usually land at very conservative remaining battery levels like 25%, I'm considering reducing it since it seems a threat to me to have it set any higher than absolutely necessary, since if you ever find yourself in a low battery situation you want as much available as possible to get home.

Is 5% safe and sufficient to descend from 400ft. ????

Am I correct in assuming that the critical battery % setting in the app is what the mavic will commence auto landing at if it's ever reached?

Although I usually land at very conservative remaining battery levels like 25%, I'm considering reducing it since it seems a threat to me to have it set any higher than absolutely necessary, since if you ever find yourself in a low battery situation you want as much available as possible to get home.

Is 5% safe and sufficient to descend from 400ft. ????

Why don't you look at your batt at 400' and do a fast but reasonable landing and see what remains.

That said, CW is Li-ion batteries last a lot longer if not pushed below 15-20%.

At 10% it does start to autoland but you can fight it with the sticks to keep it doing whatever but at 1% the motors stop.
I would not want to be very high at all at 10% as it seems to drop faster from there .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000