DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Registering with the FAA again ?

fcat

Reactions
Just took delivery of my Mavic and sold my P4, do i have to re register the Mavic with the FAA or is the number i was issued when i registered my P4 transferable from the P4 to the Mavic ?

Thanks for any info

You do not need to register your Mavic with the FAA. Just place your existing FAA registration number on your Mavic. This same registration number should be affixed to all of your aircraft.

Reactions: fcat
You do not need to register your Mavic with the FAA. Just place your existing FAA registration number on your Mavic. This same registration number should be affixed to all of your aircraft.
This is correct, unless you're flying your drone for commercial purposes (receiving any money or compensation for flying, taking photos or video with your drone.) If you are flying commercially each drone must be registered separately and have a different number. (and someone in your flying operation has to have a part 107 pilot certificate or a section 333 waiver.)

Reactions: fcat
I have a similar situation...I purchased a P3P a few months back which I ended up returning due to a faulty controller battery. I registered the drone with the FAA immediately but never actually flew it nor did I attached the registration number to the drone.

I am assuming I can just affix the number to my Mavic now instead and be good to go? I am using for personal recreational use.

I registered the drone with the FAA immediately but never actually flew it nor did I attached the registration number to the drone.
You only actually registered yourself. The FAA has no idea which aircraft you own and there is no limit to the number of aircraft you can attach your registration number to.

You only actually registered yourself. The FAA has no idea which aircraft you own and there is no limit to the number of aircraft you can attach your registration number to.

That's good to know. Thank you! I tried looking at the FAQ on their website and it does not really specify.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54