DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Regulations for Luxembourg

Kellimtai

Reactions
Hi folks

If you want to visit Luxembourg here are the last updates from the airspace regulation of Luxembourg

General conditions for unmanned aircraft system (UAS) operations within the Luxembourg airspace

Currently, the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg does not dispose of a particular regulation for UAS operations within the Luxembourg airspace. Until such a regulation enters into force, all UAS operations will be treated under the existing rules for full-size manned aircraft operations.

Aerial work, using an UAS for commercial or private purposes, is covered by the existing regulation for aerial work. Therefore permission by the Directorate of Civil Aviation (DAC) has to be granted for every mission.

Details about commercial aerial work can be found on the following website:
http://www.dac.public.lu/services/Espace_operateurs/travail_aerien/index.html

This administrative procedure has been put in place in order to facilitate UAS operations. The aerial tax of 619,73€ has only to be paid once per commercial operator for commercial UAS operations within Luxembourg airspace. Aircraft registration number, airworthiness certificates and pilot licenses do not need to be provided.

For any application (commercial or private use) the following form shall be used: ADM310-1-Demande-d_autorisation-de-UAS.pdf

Please take note of the following recommendations
  • No general authorization is granted to UAS operators, as all UAS operation authorizations are mission specific.
  • A copy of the contract between the contracting entity and the UAS operator has to be added to the application.
  • The UAS operator / pilot must dispose of a signed authorization of the landowner, allowing him to perform UAS operations on his property.
  • No flights above 50 meters above ground are allowed.
  • No people, animals, railways or highways shall be overflown.
  • Any filming or photographing of people or private properties is strictly forbidden, without the explicit consent of the person or property owner (National Law of 11.08.1982 on protection of personal privacy and National Law of 02.08.2002 on processing of personal data).
  • No UAS operations are allowed in an area of 2 km around any heliport or aerodrome and in an area of 5 km around Luxembourg International Airport.
  • UAS operations are only allowed within the predefined working area box.
  • The working area must be clearly delimited from public access.
  • The UAS must be programmed not to leave the delimited working area box under any condition.
  • The UAS pilot must always keep direct eye contact with the UAS and land immediately on approach of any manned aircraft.
  • In case of any malfunction the UAS must immediately initiate a safe auto-landing manoeuvre.
  • All UAS operations have to be covered by a public liability insurance.

The applicant can request an exemption from those general restrictions by presenting a safety case demonstrating that an acceptable level of safety for other airspace users as well as for any third parties on the ground is still guaranteed.

Official Link
Direction de l'aviation civile / Luxembourg - General conditions for unmanned aircraft system (UAS) operations within the Luxembourg airspace

Have secured flights

Last edited:
Reactions: meefox
Hi folks I got some hot news about flying drones in Luxembourg
They will make new law about drone flying in Luxemburg and also ask to register all new drone buyer to get a registration number.
But I don't know yet how it will be for the foreigners wolho want to visit the country to get permission to fly.
All this is not yet fixed and will have some time before it get fixed.
So waiting on the law proposition to get informed.
So wait and see!

Sent from my SM-N910F using MavicPilots mobile app

You guys who are flying out there, are you going through all this and paying that big fee? I'm only going to be there for 3 days and won't have much time to fly, but I'd love to take a couple of quick shots.

HI niclariv
As long you follow the mains rool about security flying
take carte about people non towns and animals also over streets...
so logical issue then it should be ok without problems but i just inform you the police in Luxembourg are a bit cow boys and little in there had so they can turn stupid so just say you didn’t know and then it should be ok.
Kind regards

Reactions: niclariv
Hi folks
Got some new info about the video streaming
In Luxembourg is only allowed to fly a quad copter that agrees the européen certification that mean max 2,4 mW so the range is very low for fpv or recording nice images. Also is it necessary to have a 2nd person at your side to watch the quad copter when you wear Goggles.
Luxembourg try to block all quad copter in the country then they can't handle it even with law. So many quad copter got been blocked at the gate for import. Just because of the radio transition strength.
Even if there was a solution with a button to switch between strong and low power emission.
So soon in Luxembourg everyone will, fly a Whoop indoor as fpv....
www.tinywhoop.com/

The Luxembourg registration just want handle some pro quad copter in the industrial way...

Kind regards

Hi folks I got some hot news about flying drones in Luxembourg
They will make new law about drone flying in Luxemburg and also ask to register all new drone buyer to get a registration number.
But I don't know yet how it will be for the foreigners wolho want to visit the country to get permission to fly.
All this is not yet fixed and will have some time before it get fixed.
So waiting on the law proposition to get informed.
So wait and see!

Sent from my SM-N910F using MavicPilots mobile app
Hi folks
In Luxembourg is only allowed to fly a quad copter that agrees the européen certification that mean max 2,4 mW so the range is very low for fpv or recording nice images. Also is it necessary to have a 2nd person at your side to watch the quad copter when you wear Goggles.
Luxembourg try to block all quad copter in the country then they can't handle it even with law. So many quad copter got been blocked at the gate for import. Just because of the radio transition strength.
Even if there was a solution with a button to switch between strong and low power emission.
www.tinywhoop.com/

The Luxembourg registration just want handle some pro quad copter in the industrial way...

Kind regards
Hi Kellimty do you know what website to use to register your drone? Mine is registered in the USA. i will be acting as a foreigner.

Hi folks
www.tinywhoop.com/

Kind regards

Hello, do you dispose of any updates yet on when and how the regulations will be introduced, as for now the regulations make it impossible to fly with ease in Luxemburg

Kind regards

Hi there
No I don't have any new updates about the regulation.
I would like to go to the airspace regulation services to find out more.
As soon I have news I will lake the update.

Kind regards

Reactions: alex regen
Hi there
No I don't have any new updates about the regulation.
I would like to go to the airspace regulation services to find out more.
As soon I have news I will lake the update.

Kind regards

Thank you very much, opening this thread was very kind of you

I‘ve come across those two articles, maybe you find them interesting aswell

Civil drones (Unmanned aircraft) | EASA

UAV rule making: What is taking Europe so long? – Drone Industry Insights

Kind regards

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member