DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Release date?

DJI is supposed to start shipping mid October. It looks like everyone else is shipping at the end of the month or beyond.

DJI is supposed to start shipping mid October. It looks like everyone else is shipping at the end of the month or beyond.

I don't see a confirmation date on DJI's site either.

Thing is, I'm going on vacation around the 15th of November so I'd like to have it before then. If not, I'll just wait until the holidays and get a better deal. But if I can get it before I leave, it's worth being an early adopter. :)

I don't see a confirmation date on DJI's site either.
Their store is currently showing the following:
"Shipping estimation: Within November on a first come first served basis."

When I ordered mine on Amazon it said shipping 31st of Oct. It could have changed to reflect the current queue.

That's true if you're referring to the message in DJI's store. The shipping estimate is for orders placed the same day.

hmm, I guess maybe I'll wait and see if I can pick on up from Best Buy or the Apple Store once it hits the shelves.

I don't want to tie up $1000 in an online order that keeps getting pushed back.

When I ordered mine on Amazon it said shipping 31st of Oct. It could have changed to reflect the current queue.

That is correct, I'm not sure if your order was with us on Amazon or not but the estimates that we provide are constantly changing in relation to how many pre-orders are coming in each day and what the latest news in on allocation numbers for each batch. The estimates we provide to Amazon are especially inflated due to the fact that Amazon holds sellers to such high standards with meeting shipping dates. For us the estimate we provide Amazon on pre-orders is at least 1 week later than what we actually are trying to meet. If we can under promise and over perform, AWESOME, but if on Amazon you over promise and can't meet a shipping deadline you won't be a seller on Amazon for very long.

With that being said, your order was most likely placed while the current estimate was Oct. 31st and you're locked into that date but the same exact listing may show quite a bit further out now due to demand behind your order. Nothing too complicated so hopefully that made send and I didn't over complicate it. :)

MY dealer had 5 on pre-order ad has been told they can have 2 more which is a good sign. I think there is lots of demand and he reckoned the next 10 days they should be released.

Lol, you made a video for this? October 15 was an estimation of shipping from DJI China for first rounders. First round was pretty much the first few hours after the Mavic announcement.
Video not made by me..... But it's still enjoyable to watch :)

Lol, you made a video for this? October 15 was an estimation of shipping from DJI China for first rounders. First round was pretty much the first few hours after the Mavic announcement.

I checked out what the dude in the vid was saying. To my surprise some stores in the U.S. and Canada are now showing the release date of the DJI Mavic to be 15 November 2016 (30 days beyond the original date).

Regardless of what some stores were promising, I don't think any stores were supposed to have them in stock before the end of this month (at the earliest). DJI only mentioned that they and Apple would start shipping pre-orders on October 15th.

I feel you are jumping the gun getting upset & posting a video. The 15th was only yesterday & it was a Saturday. Let's see what happens over the next few days. Rumors are running rampant because EVERYONE wants their Mavic YESTERDAY! Pre-sales have been unprecedented so as tough as it may be we all have to be patient.

Reactions: m0j0
As usual, no one is ever happy and as usual, DJI drops the ball on a release lol

i ordered mine on day of release at 20:00 shipping still pending, i keep buggin DJI and ALL customer service robots say the same thing, will begin shipping MID October, buts its already PAST mid October, they keep saying the same universal thing and cant tell you more, i kept buggin and buggin, i got at least one employee telling me that the first batch has not shipped yet. So im HOPING some early orders still have a chance to ship out... If your shipment has changed to shipped please post up when you ordered and if it shipped yet.

Reactions: kykayak
I speculate if you preordered within the first week you will have one by the end of the month for DJI and most authorized dealers. However the demand far exceeds the units that are available so if you were late to the preorder party it very well may be Mid November. I think they set this as a safe assumption that most preorders will go out by mid November at the latest.

I'm willing to bet that some of the first round of Mavics go out this week.

Why can NO ONE get a new drone release right?

DJI seems to always screw them up.

3DR basically doomed the Solo from the start with a horrible release.

Can anyone get it right?!? How hard is it to NOT promise a release date until you're ready to release? Can you imagine if Apple was 1 week late with the release of an iPhone? It would be Armageddon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato