DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Release date?

Think also, times involved for shipping from China to the rest of the world. Expect at least 3 days (tomorrow) before it hits international shores. Then you will have the normal international shipment customs to worry about and then, even if they are not stalled there, you have normal shipping times within your own country. No "Next Day" or "2nd Day" air options were available, actually, there were no options to change shipping methods, at checkout. So expect 3 to 4 days at the least for that depending on where you are in relation to where the Mavic docks. My shipping range has not changed on my order, and still shows Oct 18-Oct 26. I expect mine to arrive a week AFTER the later date. And I ordered within an hour or so of the pre-release time.

Relax - think with a calm head and use a little forethought.

Think also, times involved for shipping from China to the rest of the world.
If DJI is shipping direct from China to US customers, then you're in for a treat. Shipping times from China to PA have taken no more than 3 business days for me. When my orders ship from within the US, they always seem to take at least that long or longer for some reason.

I'd rather wait a week or two or even three to be sure I get a good product that has all the bugs and manufacturing issues worked out than to hurry and get one that has some issues.... I'm happy I pre-ordered though. The demand I think will mean that those who waited for the party to start may find that they can't get theirs for a while.

I'd rather wait a week or two or even three to be sure I get a good product that has all the bugs and manufacturing issues worked out than to hurry and get one that has some issues.... I'm happy I pre-ordered though. The demand I think will mean that those who waited for the party to start may find that they can't get theirs for a while.

If there are any bugs, they're not likely to be fixed within a timeframe of 2 - 3 weeks.

If there are software bugs, they'll fix it by pushing out a software update if they can. If there are hardware bugs, then I can't imagine they can fix them in such a short time.

If DJI is shipping direct from China to US customers, then you're in for a treat. Shipping times from China to PA have taken no more than 3 business days for me. When my orders ship from within the US, they always seem to take at least that long or longer for some reason.

I was going by some other orders (not DJI) from china I have purchased in the past. It always seemed to take 7 to 10 business days to receive.

But if I get it sooner, I will NOT complain.

It just seems so many people expect Amazon Prime deliveries for anything anymore, and that just isn't possible for everything. Hell, it is completely possible that the "2 hour from pre-release" is real only because it flat sold out. There is not an infinite supply.

If there are any bugs, they're not likely to be fixed within a timeframe of 2 - 3 weeks.

There are not any production drones (to my knowledge) that have gone out yet, so DJI would be hard pressed to know about bugs when there is no one to report them. I did see where a couple reviewers had to update the firmware out of the box already, so DJI hasnt been idle.

I was going by some other orders (not DJI) from china I have purchased in the past. It always seemed to take 7 to 10 business days to receive.
Are you referring to the time frame between ordering and delivery or receiving the shipping notification and delivery?

Ah, and I just noticed you said those were "non DJI" orders from China. Other orders coming from China take a long time to get to me too.

If there are software bugs, they'll fix it by pushing out a software update if they can. If there are hardware bugs, then I can't imagine they can fix them in such a short time.
True, but I was really more talking about manufacturing issues in production. I said bugs but you are correct, that would mean more than 2 or 3 weeks. Until probably not that many weeks ago the production was limited to those they were sending out to reviewers. Going into full on production to accommodate the masses may mean that they hit some stoppages in production due to any number of reasons. Heck, what if their supplier of packaging can't keep up.. something as simple as that could slow things down...

And I'm willing to bet you're dead wrong. Nothing will ship until the first week of November. Even to Apple. There are some supplier issues. That's all I can say. If you want to know more email: [email protected]. He's the head of marketing and the one who promised it would be shipping on Oct 15.

What does that mean, "All you can say"? Like you have more info but your sworn to secrecy? Or that's all you know?

And I'm willing to bet you're dead wrong. Nothing will ship until the first week of November. Even to Apple. There are some supplier issues. That's all I can say. If you want to know more email: [email protected]. He's the head of marketing and the one who promised it would be shipping on Oct 15.
You're dead wrong. DJI tweeted that orders began shipping yesterday, just as they announced.

DJI (@DJIGlobal) on Twitter

Reactions: dcpmark
I pre-ordered mine from my local photography store. Yes, they still exist. I want Precision Camera (Austin, Texas) to survive so I try to give them all of my photography (and now UAS) business if they have a competitive price.

They gave first priority to "paid in full", second to "$200 downpayment" and last to "nothing down, just waitlist" pre-orders. So I ordered mine paid-in-full yesterday morning.

Today I got a human acknowledgement of my purchase and my place as #3 in their queue. So I'm pretty confident I'll be able to pick it up the first day that they get them. That said, who knows how close to the actual release date they will get their first shipment.

Shipped 15th (Saturday) Internationally. It is only Monday. Expect those to come in late this week in the earliest.

As usual, no one is ever happy and as usual, DJI drops the ball on a release lol
How did they drop the ball. They said shipping the middle of October. Umm it's the middle of October and nobody really knows if they have started shipping yet.

Reactions: Butterpuff 6
Shipped 15th (Saturday) Internationally. It is only Monday. Expect those to come in late this week in the earliest.
Yup, if no one gets it by Saturday night, then people can start grabbing their pitchforks.

Reactions: kykayak
I really don't think complaints are warranted if they have truly shipped.

DJI has said multiple times that orders will be shipped on a first come first served basis. So if you ordered on September 27th, expect to get a shipping notice very soon.

How did they drop the ball. They said shipping the middle of October. Umm it's the middle of October and nobody really knows if they have started shipping yet.
To me, not creating enough items for expected demand, is dropping the ball. Just like Apple every year with iPhones, and I love Apple products and have had all of the major iPhone models. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7