DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote Beep

scalci

Reactions
Hi Guys

Is there a way to turnoff the BEEP on the remote when you autoland and also when taking photos (the shutter beep)?
Rgs
Scalci

No.

You can remove the beeper in the remote but it would probably not be a safe thing to fiddle with this kind of tech.

try these

Attachments

• 20131213_210636-2.jpg
    20131213_210636-2.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 49
Maybe DJI will add this to a FW and GO update ....

Correct you cannot turn it of however hopefully DJI can implement a software switch to mute it or route it to the vibration motor, hopefully with a slider to mute etc. But my bet is they will only do this for repetitive beeps e.g. RTH.

I feel your pain, after upgrading to the latest F/W the dang camera re-focuses every time you go to a hover or something new moves into camera view, and it beeps every time, this is going to get old real fast!

Some countries require any camera to make a distinct sound like an unmutable beep or shutter clunk. If I take my US phone to Japan and insert a Japanese sim card, suddenly my camera policy forces a sound effect.

Maybe for safety reasons, auto-landing has similar restrictions in some jurisdictions. DJI could probably geofence these features but rightly focus on more important issues.

Reactions: Anthony
I feel your pain, after upgrading to the latest F/W the dang camera re-focuses every time you go to a hover or something new moves into camera view, and it beeps every time, this is going to get old real fast!
Is this what you are finding F6Rider? I found that is focuses every x seconds (not timed it though) Maybe it depends on what mode you are in though.

Is this what you are finding F6Rider? I found that is focuses every x seconds (not timed it though) Maybe it depends on what mode you are in though.
Yes, it just keeps re-focusing and beeping every so often, I didn't time it either. I was in tripod mode the first time.

I cut some black electrical tape and applied it over the speakers on the bottom of the remote. You can still hear it, but it doesnt make my ears bleed anymore

Haven't gotten mine yet, but this is exactly what I plan on doing. Nothing bothers me more than high pitched beeping.

Keep in mind there's a fan in there too.. those openings aren't just for sound, they are for airflow too. Or maybe one side is airflow and one side is sound.. just something to keep in mind.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore