DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote disconnects every few minutes

Shox

Reactions
Hey all,

Latest FW (.700) (but also happened in .600). Latest iOS app. iPhone 7 plus.
After connecting everything the mavic disconnects from the remote for about 1-2 seconds every ~3 minutes.
The disconnection also happens when the mavic is on the ground. While flying it triggers RTH.
I tried downgrading, calibrating the remote / IMU. No luck.

I got in touch with the support of DJI. The guy told me to send it back. Any alternatives ?

Do you have an iPad that you could try instead of your phone? Some other iPhone app may be causing it if it occurs with such regularity. Just a thought before shipping it back.

Reactions: Former Member
My first Mavic had an issue with the charging port which is also where the phone cable originates. I usually just use the USB port in the middle to connect my iPhone. You may want to try that, and if that's the problem, then I'd provide that info to DJI and see what a repair will run you or if its under warranty.

Reactions: Former Member
My first Mavic had an issue with the charging port which is also where the phone cable originates. I usually just use the USB port in the middle to connect my iPhone. You may want to try that, and if that's the problem, then I'd provide that info to DJI and see what a repair will run you or if its under warranty.

Yeah ive been using the USB port under the controller as well. find the small cable annoying. I am still under warranty (and have DJI refresh as well). I have a trip coming up in 2 weeks so ill probably send it back after that. Was just hoping that it might be a software glitch :(

Try a different cable. I had same issue, switched to an Anker cable and smooth sailing ever since.

Just looked this cable up in amazon. Its 6.49$ with free shipping . No minimum.

Even if it doesn't work out, I love these cables for all my other devices. I swear I could fall out of a window holding onto my phone, if it was plugged in with an Anker it would hold.

Try a different cable. I had same issue, switched to an Anker cable and smooth sailing ever since.

Tried it with 2 different iPhone cables , 2 iPhones and 1 shield tablet, no luck. I even tried with a second remote (I have a dual setup) and both remotes disconnected (master + slave configuration or each controller individually master )

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy