DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote Screen Scratches - Replacement screen cover?

Doostur

Reactions
My display is scratched after letting some friends use it. Although it doesn't effect anything and isn't that bad, i'm too OCD to let it go. Seen a few videos of people doing mods to their controllers and it appears its a separate piece that can easily be replaced. Can anyone confirm? Anyone selling replacements?

Attached are some pictures from the videos.

2lthn9v.jpg

2ujmus6.jpg

Sorry to hear on your scratches.
What I didnt since I got my mavic was to cut an iphone screen protector on the size and shape of the screen and applied it.

That will protect for scratches

You can buy a new replacement from an authorized DJI dealer here on eBay.

You could always give it a wet sand with 2000 grit wet and dry paper then polish with a cutting paste. If the scratches aren't too deep this would have it looking like new.
You can get fine wet and dry paper from any hardware store for about $1 per sheet. Cutting paste is available from most auto accessory outlets. 15mins worth of elbow grease and Bob's your uncle...

You could always give it a wet sand with 2000 grit wet and dry paper then polish with a cutting paste. If the scratches aren't too deep this would have it looking like new.
You can get fine wet and dry paper from any hardware store for about $1 per sheet. Cutting paste is available from most auto accessory outlets. 15mins worth of elbow grease and Bob's your uncle...

Talked to a few members who tried this, or similar steps and said it made it worse. I may give it a shot just for fun after I know I can order the new piece. According to thunderdrones, you can.

I bought a glass screen protector off of eBay, just like a good phone screen protector except custom fit for the Mavic controller.

I bought a glass screen protector off of eBay, just like a good phone screen protector except custom fit for the Mavic controller.

I did the same. Protective piece and the cover which holds sticks in place and covers screen when storing. Should be here tomorrow!

Reactions: F6Rider
Talked to a few members who tried this, or similar steps and said it made it worse. I may give it a shot just for fun after I know I can order the new piece. According to thunderdrones, you can.
They weren't doing it right.
You have to do it wet (the paper not you:D) and you can really only start the polishing process after you have gently used at the minimum a 2000 grit paper.
It would be far easier to remove the clear panel from the transmitter as this would allow you to get the edges without worrying about the Tx case or the wee buttons.

Still got the protective film on my controller from new.I am glad I never removed it now.[emoji846]
same here one day was about to remove it but didnt cuz couldnt get ahold of the edge to remove it

I sell just the display piece and I am an Approved Vendor here on Mavicpilots. Sent you a PM.
Hi Rob...I was disconnecting my monitor from a Mavmount, when I then dropped the Mavmount. A corner of the Mavmount landed on my MP (1) remote control screen and cracked the plastic from the lower left hand corner to the upper right hand corner...ugh!
The RC still works, but I am looking into replacing the screen.
Is this a repair that a person with average mechanical aptitude can do? If so, what is the cost of the replacement screen?
If I were to send it to you for replacement work, please give me an estimate of all in costs.

thanks Rob

Richard

Hi Rob...I was disconnecting my monitor from a Mavmount, when I then dropped the Mavmount. A corner of the Mavmount landed on my MP (1) remote control screen and cracked the plastic from the lower left hand corner to the upper right hand corner...ugh!
The RC still works, but I am looking into replacing the screen.
Is this a repair that a person with average mechanical aptitude can do? If so, what is the cost of the replacement screen?
If I were to send it to you for replacement work, please give me an estimate of all in costs.

thanks Rob

Richard

Hi Richard. It's not a difficult repair, but time consuming. I can do the repair for around $69 plus shipping.

Hi Richard. It's not a difficult repair, but time consuming. I can do the repair for around $69 plus shipping.
Hi Rob, I saw a video on it, and think that I can manage the repair. Do you have the replacement part for sale, or know where I can buy the part. I've looked around the web, but can't find that specific part.
The RC is to an alpine white MP (1), but I think it's the same for the charcoal gray MP (1)

thanks Rob

Richard

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3