DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote stick removal confirmed

Random155

Reactions
Apple store bought mavic has removable remote sticks. I'm not sure how hard everyone was pulling on them, but I would say medium amount of pulling hot them out. Was not like a snap out, it was a smooth pull out. In this situation A PULLOUT WORKS!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gary Vaughan
Here's a picture in the meantime

Attachments

• 20161120_100332.jpg
    20161120_100332.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 643
And the case I can use now

Attachments

• 20161120_100329.jpg
    20161120_100329.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 433
I can confirm. Sticks are removable, and can be easily inserted back again. However, I have two concerns:
  1. Will repeatedly removing them wear the sockets which over time?
  2. Will the act of pushing them back in affect the internal mechanical mechanism? (note: pushing them back in require a bit of force)

I can confirm. Sticks are removable, and can be easily inserted back again. However, I have two concerns:
  2. Will the act of pushing them back in affect the internal mechanical mechanism? (note: pushing them back in require a bit of force)
I am wondering the same thing

Reactions: 1800BigRob

Hi P0V,

Thanks for confirmation!

And good point on the socket wear, gives me concerns to.
And as for the internals, if you check the controler teardown posterd on this forum it looks like it can take some abuse.

If you look at the tear down, you need to be very careful of the sticks. They do not have a physical connection to the board in the controller. It's like a magnetic field and the sticks hover above the board.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

And after in and out a few times its a lot easier to get them in and out. But they still seem very secure in there

And as for the internals, if you check the controler teardown posterd on this forum it looks like it can take some abuse.
I, too, have taken both the Mavic and the controller apart .

After I saw the internals, I decided to stop removing the sticks. Pushing the sticks down requires force, but there's no way to give support for the socket or the connected parts at all. Your only way to have leverage is to push back with the whole controller, essentially forcing the external components inside the controller. Doing it a few times is okay, the controller is well built, but doing it every time you pack it isn't a good idea. At least I wouldn't recommend it.

For now, I'm gonna stick with my 3D-printed stick guard (credit to Hovership on Thingiverse)
SkmCmOh.jpg

Last edited:
@ P0V,

Thats true, why risk it.
Some sort of stick guards, as you've stated, will do the trick without the risk of wear.
Got to check out the options on guards.

I, too, have taken both the Mavic and the controller apart (check my posts in the Mavic reverse engineering thread).

After I saw the internals, I decided to stop removing the sticks. Pushing the sticks down requires force, but there's no way to give support for the socket or the connected parts at all. Your only way to have leverage is to push back with the whole controller, essentially forcing the external components inside the controller. Doing it a few times is okay, the controller is well built, but doing it every time you pack it isn't a good idea. At least I wouldn't recommend it.

For now, I'm gonna stick with my 3D-printed stick guard (credit to Hovership on Thingiverse)
SkmCmOh.jpg
Can you hook me up?

Random155.
I have printed several now, and have some extra here.
What's your location?

__

Last edited by a moderator:
Random155.
I have printed several now, and have some extra here.
What's your location?

__

Thanks, I sent you a message. I'm going to trust what you guys are saying since I have not seen how the internals are assembled. Im going to hold off an the constant on and off of the sticks since it could create future issues. At least we know they come off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mita
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka