DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote stick removal confirmed

I received my Mavic Oct 31 (ordered Sept 27) and couldn't remove the sticks. i pulled pretty hard but didn't want to damage it.

Well... i guess the differences with our sticks are from typical manufacturing tolerances.

Reactions: NOLA-J
Reactions: NOLA-J
****UPDATE****

I fixed it. :)

I did the controller stick re-calibration about 3 more times and it finally worked. So why did it not work the first time----- I was doing the calibration all wrong. :D Silly, I know, but they key to proper recalibration is to roll your sticks around, like tracing a box, but very very slow. I was spinning them around super fast because I thought it was making the white trace line appear faster. Nope. Once I watched this video:
It finally worked.

Needless to say I am very relieved and back to thinking this little machine is amazing once again. The let down broken tech can give you dives deep into your soul, so I am thankful for the internet and the people trying to help. Y'all are awesome.

Also: The moment I re-calibrated it gave me a magnetic field error. So this made me think everything had gone bananas, but little did I know, I was putting the mavic on an unopened package in my den. In the box: a magnetic knife holder to hang knives and metal in your kitchen.

It's been a rollercoaster of emotions.

Reactions: gbracer08 and Pedro
Super plastic / polimorphus

It works

84fae268ebee5f7c464c00b66f1e99a6.jpg
b612f08269abd8dc48cf368b32dec406.jpg

I can confirm. Sticks are removable, and can be easily inserted back again. However, I have two concerns:
  1. Will repeatedly removing them wear the sockets which over time?
  2. Will the act of pushing them back in affect the internal mechanical mechanism? (note: pushing them back in require a bit of force)

I think the answer to both of these concerns is, "Yes" over time. How much time is yet to be verified.

Reactions: Desertdude
I really want them to be removable. It would make sense for them to be removed, considering the compact design of the Mavic. But there is no way the controller I have right now was designed to be removed. It just didn't budge, and now I am dealing with the potential loss of the controller.

So I now have a second Mavic (temporarily) and the sticks on this controller will definitely not budge.. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3