DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Repair Gimbal bracket & wires? - reputable service tech?

aflusche

Reactions
I had my first real crash recently. Ugh. The little plastic piece that holds the gimbal broke, and it looks like the ribbon cable tore ever so slightly.

I'm debating about sending this in to DJI for repair vs using a third-party repair place, like these guys:

Drone Repair - DJI Phantom Repair Service – Dronefly

I don't have the DJI Care Refresh service plan, and this was definitely pilot error, so I'm looking at an out-of-pocket expense either way.

Any suggestions on the most cost effective way to get this fixed quickly?

Thanks!

Im an approved vendor here. I do repairs and have the parts needed for the repair. I charge $40 to give you an estimate of the repair then if you decide to repair it, I apply the $40 towards labor.

Gimabl flat ribbon cable $29
Gimbal plate $19
Labor $60

Total $108 If thats all thats wrong with it. (You pay shipping both ways)

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm definitely interested. Not to be disrespectful, but is there a place where other customers have left feedback / reviews of your work? I see that you're definitely active here and are quite helpful!

You may call be biased, but I would recommend ^^^^. I bought mine from him and have learned a ton from him. Great guy!

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm definitely interested. Not to be disrespectful, but is there a place where other customers have left feedback / reviews of your work? I see that you're definitely active here and are quite helpful!

I have fixed a bunch of customers from MP and locally. Let me see if I can round up some reviews and/or recommendations.

Thunderdrones fixed many drones and lots of folks on the forum purchased stuff from him as well! :)

Reactions: Former Member
Thunderdrones fixed many drones and lots of folks on the forum purchased stuff from him as well! :)

Thanks! And Fstop is my source for aftermarket cables. Never got a bad one out of the many, many I have ordered from them for both Phantoms and Mavics. I have also ordered many other replacement parts from them and their prices are reasonable and parts are great quality. Plus they sell other great aftermarket products as well to make your drone experience more enjoyable. (Im starting to sound like an infomercial).

DJI Gimbal Accessories and Long range Antenna Systems

Thanks again. Thunderdrones, I'll PM you to get details on how to get this repair rolling. The drone's doing me no good sitting on my desk broken. :/

A JOB WELL DONE! Highly recommended!

I sent the Mavic down to Thunderdrones, he did the repairs, and she's back in my hands working like new.

Reactions: YngveN
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada