DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Repaired Mavic Pro - Seems brand new

AlanTheBeast

Reactions
I sent in my MP because of an unacceptably blurry image, left side.

They checked it and posted it as a a no-charge warranty repair

It just got here a few minutes ago in my original box.

No skin. Looks brand new. Per the SERNO it was manufactured on 2017-03-11.

Unfortunately I neglected to charge the batteries last night (or even this am). Will have to wait until I get home and charge up a batt. I'll try to do a camera test (etc.) later today.

I also cajoled them to extend warranty and Care Refresh. No warranty extension - but they've reset the Care Refresh to 15 April. Now I just have to get the SERNO correctly registered for that. (Not sure I want to fly it until that is sorted out).

Reactions: Sunny and Robbyg
Congrats on finally getting it back. What was the total turnaround time from the day it left your door until the day you got it back?

Glad to hear they reset your Care Refresh as well.

Reactions: Supercae
I sent mine in on 04-10-17 (Monday) for the exact same reason (blurry right side) and they signed for it on 04-17-17 (following Monday) but it still says it's not checked in yet (although they tell you to please give them one day to do so). So here I am 10 days later and they still haven't checked it in yet.....[emoji15]

My last repair took 30 days door to door....

Congrats on finally getting it back. What was the total turnaround time from the day it left your door until the day you got it back?

Glad to hear they reset your Care Refresh as well.

41 day round trip. Some unfortunate timings such as US customs holding it, then UPS being a day late delivering it to DJI. Canadian customs did not hold it (being an RMA they wouldn't bother).

Note that where they say "delivered" (below) it just means they printed the label. UPS picked it up 2 days later.

I think it was consolidated at UPS in LA as there was no tracking across the US (UPS ground) - it just suddenly materialized in Montreal UPS/Customs clearance. (Vice going to CA where I saw each UPS hub day by day).

If you're in the US I'd guesstimate a 2 - 4 day advantage.

If it takes a long time scream for the CR extension. You might get it too.

upload_2017-4-20_17-9-4.png

I sent in my MP because of an unacceptably blurry image, left side.

They checked it and posted it as a a no-charge warranty repair

It just got here a few minutes ago in my original box.

No skin. Looks brand new. Per the SERNO it was manufactured on 2017-03-11.

Unfortunately I neglected to charge the batteries last night (or even this am). Will have to wait until I get home and charge up a batt. I'll try to do a camera test (etc.) later today.

I also cajoled them to extend warranty and Care Refresh. No warranty extension - but they've reset the Care Refresh to 15 April. Now I just have to get the SERNO correctly registered for that. (Not sure I want to fly it until that is sorted out).

Congratulations on getting it back:D. Now the question is do you still remember how to fly? You might have to put it back into beginner mode LOL :p

Rob

Reactions: Soundtekk
Glad you are ready to fly again. Just to dredge up the past, have you drilled a hole in it yet? [emoji6]

JUST KIDDING!

Congratulations on getting it back:D. Now the question is do you still remember how to fly? You might have to put it back into beginner mode LOL :p

Rob

That's what it recommended. :( (I've been flying the P4P in the meanwhile, so ... :p).

Did a quick "street test".

Drifted a lot too and compass switch messages.

So brought it in, updated the firmware, cal'd the IMU and gimbal.

Outside cal'd the compass.

Flew much steadier. Looking good. Now to test the camera. Raining today...

I've been without my Mavic since the 29th and so far things are moving along. I just received notice today that it's in the repair stage and would take 3 to 6 days to complete. My question is since everything so far has stated that it's going to be repaired and take that 3 to 6 days to repair and apparently test, is it safe to assume that I would be getting my actual Mavic back with a repaired camera? If they are just sending me a refurbished or new Mavic I'm a little disappointed that they need to possibly take 3-6 days to do this.

My only other gripe is the use of UPS Ground. Shipping from CA to NY will be as excruciating as it was to ship it from NY to CA.

If they are just sending me a refurbished or new Mavic I'm a little disappointed that they need to possibly take 3-6 days to do this.

Apologies if I sound rude, but, you're not from around here are you? o_O
Your phrase "a little disappointed" gave you away.

Here is the DJI Refresh Policy translated into real English:
1. Someday, you will receive a mavic in the mail that will probably be better than the one that you sent them. It may or may not be the one you sent them; it may or may not be new, repaired, or refurbished, and you will never know why.
2. It will be shipped by whatever means they want - probably the cheapest and the slowest.
The End

Good luck. I know the waiting sucks. I think the secret to being satisfied with DJI Customer Support is by setting your expectations as absolutely low as you can, and then lowering them.

P.S.: "3-6 days" = a few more weeks till you actually get it. :(

"DJI - We have no competition, and it shows!"

Apologies if I sound rude, but, you're not from around here are you? o_O
Your phrase "a little disappointed" gave you away.

Here is the DJI Refresh Policy translated into real English:
1. Someday, you will receive a mavic in the mail that will probably be better than the one that you sent them. It may or may not be the one you sent them; it may or may not be new, repaired, or refurbished, and you will never know why.
2. It will be shipped by whatever means they want - probably the cheapest and the slowest.
The End

Good luck. I know the waiting sucks. I think the secret to being satisfied with DJI Customer Support is by setting your expectations as absolutely low as you can, and then lowering them.

P.S.: "3-6 days" = a few more weeks till you actually get it. :(

"DJI - We have no competition, and it shows!"

Haha.

I think my expectations were pretty low from the start since I was hearing how it took people 4 days to get the UPS label and a number of days from UPS delivery confirmation to DJI's confirmation. Other than shipping everything to this point has been pretty fast but from what you are saying above I will again set my expectations low and look forward to a stop in progress during this "repair" phase and expect to get something slowly shipped back to me that resembles a Mavic which may or may not have the same issue and possible others.

Haha.

I think my expectations were pretty low from the start since I was hearing how it took people 4 days to get the UPS label and a number of days from UPS delivery confirmation to DJI's confirmation. Other than shipping everything to this point has been pretty fast but from what you are saying above I will again set my expectations low and look forward to a stop in progress during this "repair" phase and expect to get something slowly shipped back to me that resembles a Mavic which may or may not have the same issue and possible others.

Received notice that the Mavic repair has been completed and should be shipped within 3 business days. So far so good but still expecting some sort of disappointment.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU